• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M915a5

eldgenb

Pretty nice, have not seen one on the road yet but figured I would post this pic so people would know what they were if they did see one.

Attachments

eldgenb

I would like to have one of these in the 916 variant when it comes out, they look a lot tougher than the 915's getting surplussed right now. The old 920's are the s*$t. I can't wait to get mine, hurry up you demonic EUC!!!

eldgenb

I like the up-armored ones...
(stolen from olive-drab.com)
You are right, the uparmour looks sick. I really like the fact that the army is putting a little sleeper on these rigs.. So many fond memories of sleeping on the steering wheel of the trucks I drove.

jatonka

These trucks were designed right from the freightliner 915 around 4 years ago. The sleeper area is not a sleeper, just gear storage for the driver and co driver. The military says there are no sleepers. Bet it will get slept in anyway. JT flattop freightliners rule

Rene M

I'd rather hitchhike with a Freightliner key in my pocket than drive a Peterbuilt, KW, Volvo or Mack.

Lol, well, im glad you feel that way. Because many Freighlinner drivers do end up on foot. I just could not resist that one..

Im not sure how much you guys work on there but i do.. There are not many pure trucks anymore , meaning the engine is built by the same people that build the truck.

Mack,Volvo thats it... and most Freightlinners come with a Detroit D dec engine which is second only to the volvo power plant right now.
Yes, it pains me to say the volvo engine is better " right now"
Cummins isx, and older N14's are terrible. I cant tell you how many i have had to go deep in to to patch back together.
egr cooler failures that lead to engine sucking up its own coolant ... very bad.
But Cummins are cheep and people love them..

Ord22

rene,

detroits series 60 engines is the way to go. the new dd15 is the baddest engine out there now. i agree with you on the cooler aspect of it.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
detroits series 60 engines is the way to go. the new dd15 is the baddest engine out there now. i agree with you on the cooler aspect of it.
The last Freightshaker I drove had the 60 Series Detriot in it.....just a Cat painted green....that engine would drop down to 1300 RPM and just keep pulling....I pulled HAZMAT, including tankers, and I flat out loved that engine.
When the company got bought out I had a chance to buy the truck from the lease company for 21K (10k under fair market value). It had 214K miles on it and I was the only driver ever assisigned to it.
I'm still kicking myself over that one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks