• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Source for 24V Genset batteries?

hmsgoodhope

Hi folks,

I am looking for a source for a 24V battery for my MEP-017A. I am running it with two std 12 v batteries now but would like to get battery that will fit in cage within frame of the genset. The best I have been able to do so far is a tractor supply place in the midwest that wants to charge me $260 for the battery plus shipping w/an 8 week wait! I know there must be better options out there and look forward to member replies.

Thanks!

Ed
(HMSGOODHOPE)

EnteJager

Warehousebatteryoutlet.com located in Quakertown, PA give them a call with the . Mil battery number. I paid 160.00

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Military Surplus 24Volt battery NOS New Old Stock. Unlimited shelf life. Generator start battery MEP-Battery / Solar.

Military Surplus 24Volt battery NOS New Old Stock. Unlimited shelf life. Generator start battery MEP-Battery / Solar.

NEW OLD STOCK, Ordnance battery for military vehicle or MEP generator. This is a new TITAN type BB-297/U MS-75047-1 battery that is dry charge so there is no acid in the battery which gives it an unlimited shelf life until it is activated. Just take out of the box, remove the caps, add the NOS included, battery acid, charge up and go. 24v Solar Storage battery for inverter systems.

Attachments

Last edited:

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
islandguydon,

I removed the e-bay link you posted as per the rules of the site...like it or not rules are rules.

Auction Postings: Please abide by the following rules concerning the posting of auction information in the forums:
• Do NOT post about future or current GL/GSA/eBay (including items for sale in buy-it-now formats)/local/city/state/Federal/estate auctions. You may post about any auction after the auction is closed.
• Do not post links to auction photos.
• Do not post links to GL/GSA(or other sites)that have links that quit working after a short period of time. Save the image to your PC and then attach it to your post.
• Do NOT post links to current eBay auctions or Craig's List ads that are not your own. You may post a link to your own auction/ad only if it is in an information/discussion thread about you vehicle/item. Do not start a post in the Conversations forum or your vehicle specific forum just to announce your auction/ad.
• No collusion as specified above.

Hopefully the OP will contact you about the post in question or maybe you could send him a PM with the link, but Chris does not want active e-bay links in the open forums.

hmsgoodhope

Many thanks!!!

Thank you all for the replies. The (now removed) Ebay Link is indeed a good deal!
The MEP-017A take the 4HN and i am going to jump on the deal ($14 shipping and $155 Buy it Now). Thank you all again for speedy response and resolution to my question.

Ed (HMSGOODHOPE)

Isaac-1

I just had to buy a 4HN for my MEP-701a (post twisted off the top of the old one) at Battery Warehouse here in DeRidder,LA yesterday for $105.

Ike

derf

Battery Warehouse at 337-462-1352. Call the nice lady and she can ship them to you dry. You then have them filled with fluid locally.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks