• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
PB, you need to get the CAMO crew better GPS if they wind up in a diner in Butler, GA. I can say that because I grew up in Reynolds, not very far away. I remember there being a National Guard unit near my house as a kid and seeing a lot of neat green stuff. Amazed that someone had this near by.
Yes but this guy lives up that way...not in Columbus.:beer:

1crook

Yeah, I thought so. Had to give you grief. Need to take Clinto back to the old hometown and test out his MVR skills, they are uncanny. No telling what other kind of neat stuff is around there.

zout

GF - if you just locate another M38A1 for Clinto he would be like a kid in a pumkin patch (chain it to the ground so he does not sell this one).

I appreciate the confidence in thinking I could do the KC some justice - but there some folks down at CAMO way better than I am that will make that KC look awesome in the near future. I know the other project they have and when something takes place they are looking extremely forward to - that is when I think the KC project will start (just guessing here). It will be great when it starts getting worked on and seeing PB's build pictures coming in.

I already "see" it done anyhow - and you won't be disappointed when their finished with it.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
PB, You know they made a crew-cab version also.
Right now I don't know much of anything about this rascal!! I did find out it's listed as "G620, GMC, 1 1/2Ton Truck" TM # is TM 10-1702.

Anyone got that TM laying around? I searched the SS TM Section and couldn't find it...maybe Doghead could help??:doghead:

Tin Medic

The K series trucks should be radio trucks, not weapons repair. That pic of it pulling a trailer, the trailer houses the receivers.

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
The K series trucks should be radio trucks, not weapons repair. That pic of it pulling a trailer, the trailer houses the receivers.
You know I think you are right. The prior owner told me it was a small arms repair truck but I don't see that on the data plates?

Also, there are several inlets/outlets that look like they may be for cables and such in the box.

I'm hoping you can give as much info as possible as I have found very little.:beer:

Tin Medic

This would be your radio setup:

The SCR-197 mobile station consisted of the BC-325 radio transmitter, radio receivers consisted of three BC-342 and one Hallicrafters S-20R "Sky Champion". Also included was a BC-119 control box. The complete set was housed in a K-18 truck and K-19 trailer combination. A 45 foot vertical antenna was used for sending and a 15 foot whip used for receiving. Power could be optionally supplied by power mains or portable generator units: one PTO driven GN-42-A generator for the transmitter and two small PE-75 skid mounted units for the receivers. The SCR-197 set was later replaced by the SCR-299.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let me put an idea in your head. It reminds me of an icecream truck.

I'm not about to suggest you convert it into a mobile icecream truck, but....

Maybe a freezer in the back, to hide some icecream in? I like icecream...

It also reminds me of Divco trucks.

Nifty for sure.

zout

IF PB could match that KC up to the 2nd Army - 45th Infantry he would have a matching set of vehicles. 41-KC and a 42 WC.
Who knows what's hidden under some of that paint waiting to be revealed. Could eat ice cream while we watch as well.

1crook

GF - if you just locate another M38A1 for Clinto he would be like a kid in a pumkin patch (chain it to the ground so he does not sell this one).
If you only knew. ;) We get links regularly of other M38A1's for sale and I hear "Oh, look at what's for sale" or "We could go on an adventure to get this"...

I need to better my MVR skills, not as good at spotting them in their natural habitat as Clinto is. :D

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
If you only knew. ;) We get links regularly of other M38A1's for sale and I hear "Oh, look at what's for sale" or "We could go on an adventure to get this"...

I need to better my MVR skills, not as good at spotting them in their natural habitat as Clinto is. :D

I don't think there is a single CAMO Member that has not nearly ran off the road while driving and "scanning the area" for MVs.
When I'm out in rural areas I'm always trying to look behind barns and sheds etc., and every junk/salvage yard for miles knows to contact me if them see any "Green Stuff".:shrugs:

Last edited:

1crook

I know what you mean PB, Clinto has scared me a time or two when he has seen something while driving along and I feel the vehicle drifting all of the sudden. :shock:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks