• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton air lockers?

Unforgiven

what truck do they come from i would love a set later.

I think they are out of the older Oshkosh military fire trucks. But I'm not certain.

It seems to be sort of a hush-hush, taboo subject to ask what trucks had these axles. Those in the know seem content to keep that knowledge to themselves.

Here are some pics:

Mar04232.jpgMar04233.jpg

A long, but informative, thread about 5 ton axles:

5 ton Rockwell Thread - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board

And here:

Chucks Trucks TGW Forum :: View topic - Here is some 5 Ton axle tech and differences

There's an even longer one by adamsoffroad that I read at pirate4x4, but I can't find it now.

The only thing available as of now are the axles from an m1500 firetruck. no 5ton truck ever had airlockers from the factory. The m1500 axles can be swapped over but you have to use the housings for the airlocker axles. My friend is working on a drop in unit to fit the regular 5ton axles.

162tcat

Great to hear!! Now hopefully the price is reasonable, I would have loved the locking front hubs from another vendor but the price was a little steep for this guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

74M35A2

5t air locking axle assembilies are $1000 each in the market, sold typically only in lots of 3 and at a 5.88 ratio. So, the number to beat is $1000 per.

162tcat

For the record, if they came in at $700 per axle or less I'd be in for 3. At 1k each, I'd be up for 1 for the front and throw detroits in the rears. At over 1k, I'm out. I'll wait patiently now.

74M35A2

Not sure they can. The only relief may be that you don't have to buy 3. How much are the ARB 2.5T air locker units? $1000?

When I developed the 8.3L A/C compressor bracket kit, I brought it to market for less than half of the Kenway / Red Dot kit. Nearly 1/3, actually.

My plan would be same. Air up front, D in the rears.

162tcat

5 ton air lockers???

It seems the ARB deuce lockers are around 1k. I've found take out Detroit's for $350 to $450 so I'd pay double for a selectable locker. Or if someone wants to point me in the direction of a factor air locking front axle...

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks