• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LED lights

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
You need an equalizer or 24 to 12v inverter.

You can tap into the 12v side of the batteries but that is an evil wire and aithin a year or so will kill a cell in a battery.

jjmartinez1982

Omg I didn’t realize what forum I was posting in. I thought I was in a ford truck forum. Sorry!

Some LED lights work with both voltages. What kind of light is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
where do if find that 12 volt wire or wires, mine has 4, 6 volt batteries, making it 24 volt thanks, Joe
You have four 12v batteries. that make 24v.

12v side is the positive post on the rear batteries you want to tap in there.

You do NOT want to run them very long on that tap. Its an evil wire. It will kill a battery.

You need to buy an inverter to hook into. PYLE makes a converter. Found here

DC Power Step Down Converter - 24V to 12V 30A 720W Peak Universal Auto Mini DC-DC Voltage Step-Down Buck Converter Regulator Reducer Travel Adapter w/ PWM Technology, For Car RV Truck - Pyle PSWNV720 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003P17X8I/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_5qE6DbVBBBWE3

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What are the led’s your installing for, tail lights, head lights, marker lights, interior lights?

Finallygotone

the light were just to go under the dash facing the floor just to give a little light at the feet area, for me and passenger, I got them off Amazon with the converter, I tapped into a 24 volt, took the 12 that came off and there was two grounds, well bolted it to the lower dash, put a 12V cigarette out let and plugged it in and it won't work, if I take a test light ground it on the battery and probe the piece that I put under the dash it hot, gosh something so simple can sure get complicated fast., can post pic to more or less complicate this madness, Joe

Ajax MD

LEDs are polarity sensitive. Are you sure you connected the (+) of the LED to the (+) of the truck?

Finallygotone

up date, the converter must have been defective, so I decided to hook up the light direct to the batteries and it worked left them on a while and they have survived, course when I leave to cut them off, still might get that converter that Semp5782, the one I got was half that cost from Amazon and obviously not quality, thanks for the help fellows, Joe

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The cheap 24v to 12v, 10a buck converters I bought had two grounds, (ran both to the same chassis ground stud) red wire was 24v input, and yellow wire was 12v out.

If you grounding under the dash, connect the test light ground to the same place and probe your power, or positive on a battery to verify a good ground.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks