• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question on viewing pics on phone

llong66

Hello all! I have a question regarding viewing pics that are part of posts on my phone. It is an Android phone and when a post is made with pics attached, it will show a small paperclip at the bottom of the post, saying thumbs attached. The pics don't show, if I click on the paperclip and choose view image, it just shows a small image of the paperclip on the upper, left screen. All is fine with my 'puters. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Greg

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Hello all! I have a question regarding viewing pics that are part of posts on my phone. It is an Android phone and when a post is made with pics attached, it will show a small paperclip at the bottom of the post, saying thumbs attached. The pics don't show, if I click on the paperclip and choose view image, it just shows a small image of the paperclip on the upper, left screen. All is fine with my 'puters. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Greg
Yes, STEEL SOLDIERS is a computer program NOT a phone app.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you using the tapatalk app?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yes, STEEL SOLDIERS is a computer program NOT a phone app.
Steel Soldiers is a website viewable from multiple devices. Full functionality is better ensured via a computer. But saying its not for phones or mobile devices is not entirely correct.

Please let me know what you're using exactly for os and browser. Tapatalk is a good "equalizer" for mobile devices.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

llong66

Doghead, I have not tried Taptalk, 73M819, I am aware that SS is primarily a COMPUTER site, but there are times when I am not at home or at a place w/ 'puter access like an auto parts place or with a friend and wish to ref. something on the site and my phone is what I have. Patracy, The phone is a Samsung S6 Active Android phone ver # 6.0.1, the last kernel update was 6Jan2017 and I am just using the browser that came w it, it only says "Internet ver # 4.0.30-40. I am guessing it is a Samsung app as it is not the Android version of Firefox, Chrome, etc. I will try taptalk.

Thanks for the help and advise!
Greg

Last edited:

jbayer

Just for another experience:
On my Samsung S6 Android phone it works/looks the same as on my computer, just smaller. I use the full version.Little pics, tap them, and they open into the bigger picture.
No Taptalk here.

dmetalmiki

Just for another experience:
On my Samsung S6 Android phone it works/looks the same as on my computer, just smaller. I use the full version.Little pics, tap them, and they open into the bigger picture.
No Taptalk here.
Agreed, And that is what (I rarely) Do to place pictures an the site.
Old moto g 2nd generation 3g . (without the horrid narrow screen appearance and (somwhat annoying 'taptalk' Advert.....(Who cares!).

"sent from my 234/lk/2es/77 desktop black and silver computer with disc drive and buttons!).
Who cares!. Sorry, just coudn't resist. (Sent from my..!..oh just forget it). Who cares.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Agreed, And that is what (I rarely) Do to place pictures an the site.
Old moto g 2nd generation 3g . (without the horrid narrow screen appearance and (somwhat annoying 'taptalk' Advert.....(Who cares!).

"sent from my 234/lk/2es/77 desktop black and silver computer with disc drive and buttons!).
Who cares!. Sorry, just coudn't resist. (Sent from my..!..oh just forget it). Who cares.
Tapatalk is another company, they're the ones coding the mobile software. Them dropping in ads is their entire business model for profit. Also the "sent from my" is automatically tagged via tapatalk as well.

dmetalmiki

Tapatalk is another company, they're the ones coding the mobile software. Them dropping in ads is their entire business model for profit. Also the "sent from my" is automatically tagged via tapatalk as well.
"Unfortunately"...Ho hum..I make a point of simply not opening (like many others) anything tagged " sent from my etc"..(Who cares).
When it's perfectly possible and easy to send regular pictures in other formats. Instead of having to search all and every link to each individual picture via 'Tap talk'.
But then I don't 'do' Tap tunk. Face poop, or watts up either. Mebb'e I'm just too ..old.
Just my 1/2 (valueless) 1/2 penne'th. OR..Just my 1/4 ...bitcoin!.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks