• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

James Bond 007 smoke screen set up Project?

kentuckycucv

Ok brain stormers...Well since I cant spin my tires..... I have always wanted to have a switch myabe push button to let out a smoke screen. My limited research I have seen where someone welded a nut on the exhaust pipe, drilled a hole and set up an oil injection port. They used an extra windshild wiper jug and pump to inject into the exhaust. Im thinking running directly off my fuel line... it would really be cool to do a left smoke and right smoke....:p
Give me you Ideas

TheRealFeeny

I remember stories of my grand father doing this when he was young. Said it worked great, just make sure the injection port is AFTER the catalytic converter.

dstang97

Ok brain stormers...Well since I cant spin my tires..... I have always wanted to have a switch myabe push button to let out a smoke screen. My limited research I have seen where someone welded a nut on the exhaust pipe, drilled a hole and set up an oil injection port. They used an extra windshild wiper jug and pump to inject into the exhaust. Im thinking running directly off my fuel line... it would really be cool to do a left smoke and right smoke....:p
Give me you Ideas
Not a good Idea. No offense but I would just say to my self "what a tool." With all of the "Greenies" out there that don't like our hobby already it gives them one more point.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not a good Idea. No offense but I would just say to my self "what a tool." With all of the "Greenies" out there that don't like our hobby already it gives them one more point.

None of the older trucks comply with current EPA standards and smoke generation can be done other ways.

I say it's your truck, do what you want.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you consulted with "Q" regarding the technology?

I'm sure he may have other modifications to suggest as well.

Rick

Josh

My local autopart store sells a *flame thrower* kit for old cars to shoot flames out the exaust. My friends slapped one on a diesel, and used diesel isntead and instant wall of black smoke.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the past I had an old fury II with a worn out 318. It had a hard time doing over 60 on the highway and I found tailgaters to be an annoyance. To remove said tailgaters from annoyingly being in view to the rear, there was installed a winshield wiper reservoir, Ford kind with built-in impeller-type motor/pump, and a hose running through a small hole in the air cleaner and right to the mouth of the carburetor. At full throttle, the cloud was amazing and was pure magic because when the smoke cleared the tailgater was always gone. I preferred GM type Dexron II transmission fluid because it made acres of smoke, kept the engine clean, and was not hard on the engine. The push button was on the dash.

before emission controls and catalytic converters.

Danger Ranger

Be funny as he**, and many will hate you, but its your truck, and wouldn't be really any different than all the turned up diesel pickups...[thumbzup]:roll::driver:

There are many ways to do it, like stated above: exhaust port, fuel line, kits, intake, etc. Just show pics when its done! (Someone has to do it)
nopics

kentuckycucv

I remember stories of my grand father doing this when he was young. Said it worked great, just make sure the injection port is AFTER the catalytic converter.
Last I checked CUCVs didnt have catalytic converters.... Just rusty mufflers.
And to all the greenies... im Burning WASTE VEGGIE OIL It will smell like a Catholic fish fry.

wb1895

I know that the smoke screen generator on a M2A2 Bradley just burns some JP8 in the exhaust, but we never used them because after the smoke screen generator was cut off, it would still smoke for about a week.

If you want a REALLY good smoke screen just come over and drive my Non-turbo Deuce:driver:

WARWAG

When my EX wife worked at U.C. Santa Cruz (Greenie Capital of the World) I would drop my wife off at work up on the campus. The Bicyclists use to just run right down the middle of the lane and not in there Bike Lane. A$$holes! So when the on-comming traffic would clear I would accelerate let off the gas and build up the compression not to mention all that extra fuel and then punch it right before I would pass them. I had a Ford F250 with the 6.9 old school diesel. They (the bicyclist) would completely vanish in a cloud of black soot!:mrgreen::driver: I would watch them emerge from the black cloud of death coughing and hacking all while trying to wave the remainder of the black cloud away from them. All the while trying to stay upright on the bike. I even had one crash. That was the BEST one. They knew you were there but they owned the road and screw anyone else. I actually looked forward to dropping off my now EX wife! That just made my day. This is the same campus that they were protesting (lesbians) that the female restroom sign they said did not represent them (your standard female restroom sign with a representation of a women in a dress). I remember them saying with a loud speaker "We dont wear dresses! We wear pants! We relate more to the male symble!" I use to just shack my head.

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
When I was in the AL National Guard I was in a tank battalion. On occasion we would go to the manuver area near our headquarters. In the summer time when it came time to make camp the M88 Tank retriever would kick on the smoke generator and rotate 360 degrees a few times spewing a cloud of smoke that would choke the life out of you if you inhaled.
The side benefit was that it ran the mesquitos off for the whole night....I don't know if it killed them or just sent them packing but it was nice not having the little blood suckers around.
I think it just injected raw fuel into the exhaust to generate the smoke.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Yes, most of the REAL heavy military metal injects JP8 and/or diesel into the exhaust system and this produces a thick white cloud. I have used this on both the M2 and M1 and it is highly effective for screening in the visual spectrum. I have considered having a similar said system on my vehicles but have yet to go from theory to action due to my quite hectic schedule that currently borders on frantic. Overall I think this would be simple and is nothing more than an old moonshiners method of temporary concealment. But the system is limited to I think 30 seconds of use on the M1 and M2 systems. The white cloud may conceal the vehicle but it also says "I here! You just can't see me."

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks