• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1009 lift

bronco74

I want to lift my 1009 and run 35" tires. One of the members on here sent me pics of his recent lift (very nice truck) and he used Tuff Country 2" HD springs in the front, but used 3" springs in the rear with a 1" block in the rear to get it level. The member on the forum thought he would only have rubbing issues in the extreme. I want to keep the lift as low as possible, but run the 35's. Any suggestion? Do you think his front springs were marked wrong?

12vctd

What do you do with the truck? for 35's and no trimming I would use 2 inch springs on the front and a ORD or other companys 1 inch zero rate that allows adjustment. Move the front axle forward 1inch and you shouldnt have any problems. For rear lift check out ORD www.offroaddesign.com 4 inch shackle flip. Many companies make this now.

Westech

CPL
For 35's and no trimming (trimming is for rednecks and hill billys) you will want to do at least a 4". To be safe I would do 4" springs and zero rates in the front.

Last edited:

12vctd

thats what you choose to do, again lots of people who run extreme trails dont want to trade off thier lower center of gravity for the ground clearence needed for lets say 42 in tires. But too each thier own. I personally know 2 inch springs ad a zero rate up front will allow 35 in BFG mud terrians to fit.

Darky

I have not or ever will trim fenders. I will buy or build the correct lift.
Well aren't you spaycial? Trimming is a good thing if you wheel in something other than mud. No need to knock down what other people are doing just because it doesn't line up with your own particular philosophy.

IdahoPlowboy

I myself would not cut anything and do the 4 inch lift with springs. I had a 1984 silverado that I did a 4 inch lift and the bushwacker cutouts and I fit 36 swamper radials, I did alot of metal prep and painting to keep the trimmed fenders from rusting.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks