• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1009 wireing problem

moboy

Just bought a 84 1009. I have no lights anywhere
or windhield wipers or fan motor. no warning
lights on dash. anyhone have wireing diagram?
also I have to use starting fluid to get it to
start. I am thinking maybe the injector pump
may be bad. Only has 24k miles on it. If anyone
can tell me the symptoms of a bad pump it would
be greatly appreciated. I can give my phone #
if you want. I am located it SW Mo Just north
of Joplin. I would like to make this a daily
driver. Thanks for the help

to many trucks to list

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You probably have some ground problems. These trucks have glowplugs and yours aren't working. If they did you probably would have squeezed a head gasket out by now. I suggest that you push the truck into a secure area for a while and purchase the technical manuals for it. Read them over and over to familiarize yourself with the innerworkings of your truck then try again. Manuals are available from a variety of sources and most can be downloaded from the WWW. Here's a list of applicable TMs
TM 9-2320-289-10 Operators Manual
TM 9-2320-289-20 Unit Maintenance
TM 9-2320-289-20P Unit Maintenance Parts
TM 9-2320-289-34 Direct Support Maintenance
TM 9-2320-289-34P Direct Support Maintenance Parts

Dieselsmoke

Originally posted by moboy

Just bought a 84 1009. I have no lights anywhere
or windhield wipers or fan motor. no warning
lights on dash. anyhone have wireing diagram?
also I have to use starting fluid to get it to
start. I am thinking maybe the injector pump
may be bad. Only has 24k miles on it. If anyone
can tell me the symptoms of a bad pump it would
be greatly appreciated. I can give my phone #
if you want. I am located it SW Mo Just north
of Joplin. I would like to make this a daily
driver. Thanks for the help

to many trucks to list
Sounds to me like one of the relays under the dash is missing or has quit working. One of the 1009s I had showed the exact same symptoms. There is a bracket located behind the dash right above the STE/ICE connector that holds several Bosch style plug in relays that you can get at any auto parts store (same relay they sell with many fog light kits).
On the starting issue, it could be a glow plug issue. I'd get ahold of Front Line military Vehicles ( www.flmv.net ) he has the updated glow plug controls and temp sensor. Once you replace those you should have no problems.
The 1009s make excellent daily drivers. I had an '86 that was my daily driver, got awesome fuel mileage and was a pleasure to drive (this coming from a 100% Ford guy).
Nice area you live in, my grandfather lived just south of Joplin.

Txstruck

Moboy, Send me your email addy and I will send you a zip file with all the schematics for your truck.

Bogger715

Hello I am a new member and I too am having wiring issues with my 1008. I would greatly appreciate if someone could send me the wiring diagrams. I really need the one that includes the starter connections, it would be a great help if I could get them. If you can send it through email mine is bogger715@aol.com. Thanks

moboy

update on wireing problems. After I got to
checking things out I found out they have pulled
every fuse and relay on the truck. should have
checked that first DA!. Still don't have a horn
or fuel guage yet. thanks for all the help. Going
to get tags on it today and start drivein it.
Jim

Bogger715

Yes I got them and I appreciate it very much. Hopefully I cna get the truck running soon. Thanks for your help.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Originally posted by cjbrunner

Instead of using starter fluid (ether based) use WD-40. It won't cause the head or gaskets to blow, but it works almost as well.
Better hope you can find some of the old stuff that was propane powered. The new enviro-friendly stuff doesn't work worth a lick!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks