• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1028 4" lift questions

IdahoPlowboy

I am lifting my 1028 and would like to know if it is a good idea to drop the transfer case a inch or leave it as is. Yes I did a search and the answers were all over the place. It also looks like when I drop the tcase it will put my exhaust pipe on the vacuum modulator.

Dave87

If your plan is a 4 inch lift, I personally would leave it in the stock location. I have an 8 inch on my 1028 and I didn't drop the transfer case.

Cucvnut

Dave is correct. Even though people think that dropping the t case is a good idea its not. I might seem like it makes the rear d shaft have a better angel but it makes the front worse.

Ripcord01

A proper lift would include rear blocks, and or replacement of the leafs. If the lift would be put on proper the "rake of the front end would be removed by adding the spring spacers. So the front would not "dip".

acesneights1

I have a 4 inch lift. Leave the t case. you never really wanna "drop" the tcase. I have seen people re clock it but that is a PIA. ON a 6-8 inch lift if the front d shaft hits the crossmeber you can space the crossmember down and space the tranny mount back up to compensate.

DokWatson

A proper lift would include rear blocks, and or replacement of the leafs. If the lift would be put on proper the "rake of the front end would be removed by adding the spring spacers. So the front would not "dip".
A proper lift includes pinion angle correction and high angle drivelines. You can have whatever approach angle you want, what is 'right' for you doesn't mean squat to the next guy.

Croatan_Kid

They also have a HUGE amount of people that are less than polite. [thumbzup]

He was talking about the angle being worse on the CV joint of the front driveshaft.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks