• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1028A3 after lift and tires

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
So I got my A3 lifted and new tires installed. 4 Inch front 3.5 back, then 255 85R16 BFG KM2's I absolutely love the way this truck looks now!!!! Thanks to Kenny for the info on the tires, apparently BFG does not make these anymore, so I'm ordering another set of 6, walmart has them for 226.00 online.

Attachments

desertfox

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is probably my first post in 2 yr. I am in the process of lifting my 1028 4" and replacing the 6.2 with a 5.9 12 valve cummins. I am using mostly ORD parts and RSS for the rear disc brake conversion. I did some research on tires on the 4X4 sites and I agree with their findings regarding durability. They find that the TOYO tires last longer on and off road. Tuff tires that resist chunking. I have run 235/85/16 BFGs and are chunked up after 2 years. The only off road I drive is 3 miles of gravel to and from the house to asphalt. I do not drive much so the wear on the tires is excessive. I am very careful in the winter not to spin tires on the gravel. Anymore than necessary in the snow, that is. I also will run the 255/85/16s. I have run these in the past and have been very pleased with the performance. As always this is IMHO. And my compliments to those who are responsible for the web site.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks