• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

105a2 found new home

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was a long time coming, but a cute "little" m105 found it way to my house this past Sunday.:grin: It took a rather circuitous route, but it did finally manage to settle in the back yard next to the shop quansit tent.[thumbzup] Pretty decent shape. Several scrapes and dents thanks to fork-lift blades.:deadhorse: It also has a bent hand brake linkage from the afore mentioned blades.:doh: Have reworked a couple of the dents already.;) Need to do some "electrical" work as it appears I don't have all the lights operational. I am not sure whether this is due to the "Raven Deuce" or the trailer. Will be cruising the manuals tonight to get the pin layout for the recepticals. Will also be looking at the bulbs before to much more time goes by. I thought I might be able to use this trailer to haul my Bobcat around.:shock: Uhhhhhh, nope! Skid-steer is too large. "DARN, might need ANOTHER military trailer Honey!" (I'll see how that one goes over LOL):popcorn: It had three sides as you can see in the pics. Need the rear side and the bows and cover. Anyone selling? So, the collection continues! LOL Have to give credit where credit is due, members "Alredneck" and "Woodywood" did the hauling for me!:driver: THANK YOU!! Trailer snuck up on their trailer and hid in front of a LAND YACHT M-36 that was going North!:not worthy: ( made trailer look REALLLLLLY small) Did a little exhaust work on Alredneck's dodge, purely cosmetic of course. Nice to be able to help a fellow member out too. Chatted a bit, and then they were off in a flash, they had more toys to deliver to the good boys and girls! Hope that they come back soon and bring MORE goodies.:-D Heck they could just come back and throw a line in the lake and BS, just nice guys to shoot the "poop" with. Let me know if anyone has any suggestions on the "light" trouble. Thanks!

Attachments

KaiserM109

Nice looking trailer. Do you see how the lip just behind the wheels on yours is bent down on both sides? I have one with very similar damage. I think that instead of using the tie-downs they throw a chain over them and boomer them down 'til something gives.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
nice looking trailer. Do you see how the lip just behind the wheels on yours is bent down on both sides? I have one with very similar damage. I think that instead of using the tie-downs they throw a chain over them and boomer them down 'til something gives.
Bingo!

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't know about the chain thing. Can definately tell that the object that dented the sides of the trailer was flat, not chain shaped. Took my body and fender kit and straightened the sides out. They also bent a brake linkage under the trailer. That one was a little more fun to straighten, but it's completed now. Just have to do the light thing. I'm a plumber, not a "sparky". lol Yes, James it should look familiar if you saw her at Redstone! THANKS!! Checking with IL DMV on what is required, might have to get ahold of you again:-D Now, that I can't use it for the Bobcat, any suggestions? lol
God bless,
Tony

KaiserM109

The same trailer had a damaged relay valve and a bend in the frame from a fork lift. Another one that I got with that one had a bent jack crank and a damaged relay valve too.

On a subsequent trip to Ft. Carson I told the guy about the underside damage and he just replied that they didn't have time to mess with the equipment and they just moved as best they could. That's my only complaint about the way folks at GL field sites act. Every other time, even with that guy, they have been great.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's a couple more pics of the trailer, the Raven Deuce and the "fishin" hole! Got some of the light issues figured out tonight. Only thing I have left is the left blinker, brake light, black out drive and blinker. Gettin there......... Rather fun to work on alone. Check wire, crawl out from trailer, walk around, crawl back under trailer, repeat, repeat, repeat. Darn! I should just get a mirror that I can see from under the trailer. Actually, I'm thinkin it is the plug on the trailer or the deuce, not sure which yet. Gettin there,,,,,,,,:roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks