• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

12 volt post on deuce generator

goatijoe

Ok i saw a video from another post and they where talking about the generator had a seprate post that put out 12-14 volts. Have any of yall used this post for power. If it will put out enough power for a CB or a way to plug up GPS inside the cab instead of using a power converter. Just wondering what all yalls thoughts where on this.

rlwm211

There is an alternator that has dual outputs. I know that it is used on the M915 series. Other vehicles I am unsure of.

Get an 24v to 12v inverter and save yourself a lot of hassle.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nothing easier than George's bracket's and well thought out advice.

caliber1

There are also battery equalizers that keep the 12 volt battery equally charged as the second battery, then just tap off the positive of your first battery.

Kasper31

Most of the 24VDC alternators have a 12V post however it usually cannot be used for anything drawing much current over about 1/2 to 3/4 amp. As was said earlier in this, go get a duel alt. set up and save yourself alot of hassels. I used a chevy single wire heavy duty alt. to run my 12VDC toys complete with separate 12V batteries.:driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks