• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

12 volt power station

Wagoneer

Before I start to build this unit I wanted to check and see if anyone else had already done it or had any better ideas.
After my weekend trip sleeping in the bed I want to put a 12vdc station in the bed of the truck with a disconnect plug for removal. I will run 24vdc to the rear and have a quick connect that will go into a step down converter which will give me a 12vdc buss bar. From there I will put some charging outlets and switches for other accessories such as lights and fans.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hardtop + FL = Put a solar panel or 2 on the roof... 200W of solar will give you about 15A of charging/use...With moderate you'd be able to use a dedicated battery isolated from the charging system, so even if you kill the batt you can still start/run the truck...

Wagoneer

I installed the first step for my 12 vdc power station. I placed a keyed battery selector where I can select group 1 or group 2 or lock the batteries out. I can now turn the batteries off for over night stays and use group 1 or 2 for power in the bed to power fans and lights then in the AM I can start the truck with the other group and the turn the switch back to the group used overnight and use the engine to charge back to proper levels. I also will be working on the mounts for a solar panel and charge controller for those multiple day stays in one location.

Battery Switch.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks