• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

12K half shafts, all the same?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are all 12K half shafts the same (not talking about length relative to their position)
I picked up a set of 12K hubs with CTIS for the M998 #2 project and see sellers selling 12K half shafts but they are being specific on what models they fit, I assumed they would be all the same, except for the fact they will not fit unmodified 10K hubs.
Also during my search I did see some reference to modifying/replacing the caliper brackets, what is that about?
THANKS!

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are all 12K half shafts the same (not talking about length relative to their position)
I picked up a set of 12K hubs with CTIS for the M998 #2 project and see sellers selling 12K half shafts but they are being specific on what models they fit, I assumed they would be all the same, except for the fact they will not fit unmodified 10K hubs.
Also during my search I did see some reference to modifying/replacing the caliper brackets, what is that about?
THANKS!
No, there are different sizes on the flange portion.

Picture borrowed from https://forums.g503.com/viewtopic.php?t=288159
IMG_7148.jpg

if you are upgrading from 7/10k, then you want the 12k vented rotors

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
7 and 10k are interchangable, 10.3k are for all A2’s, many confuse these with 12k...
than there is true 12k for solid rotor ECV trucks and 12.3k are REV for wilwood brakes.
The flange size will dictate what you can mount...ECV and Wilwood use small flange.
All others use large flange,

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
7 and 10k are interchangable, 10.3k are for all A2’s, many confuse these with 12k...
than there is true 12k for solid rotor ECV trucks and 12.3k are REV for wilwood brakes.
The flange size will dictate what you can mount...ECV and Wilwood use small flange.
All others use large flange,
is there any other difference between the 10.3 and the true 12k/12.3 other than flange size?
Wondering if a spacer can be made to fill in the flange area to make the small flange rotors fit the large flange size, and if anything else would need changed.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
is there any other difference between the 10.3 and the true 12k/12.3 other than flange size?
Wondering if a spacer can be made to fill in the flange area to make the small flange rotors fit the large flange size, and if anything else would need changed.
None that I see, it’s its just that the part number lists them as 10.3k....I’ve used small flange On large flange with an adapter ring I’ve had made and sold for years....I’m currently out of stock.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks