• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1942 MB with fiberglass tub

tnmule20

So the jeep was restored with a fiberglass tub. Everything else is a 1942 MB. Needs brake lines. Drives, shifts and run fairly well. Has seat cushions and soft top. Has hard top and doors too. Not a bad looking Jeep but needs some work. Owner is asking $10000. What do you think? Is the tub a no no. Would this be a good price?

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK I will chime in. The seller is saying "everything else is MB", That is incorrect. I see a T-90 transmission (should be T-84), wrong: Bumper, bumperettes, windshield, wheels, rear seat, taillights, carb, BO light. Missing: Fuel filter, generator/regulator, shovel/axe brackets, handbrake.
What you have there is fine for deer hunting, boonie bashing, reenacting, and so forth. As a collectible, nope.

tnmule20

OK I will chime in. The seller is saying "everything else is MB", That is incorrect. I see a T-90 transmission (should be T-84), wrong: Bumper, bumperettes, windshield, wheels, rear seat, taillights, carb, BO light. Missing: Fuel filter, generator/regulator, shovel/axe brackets, handbrake.
What you have there is fine for deer hunting, boonie bashing, reenacting, and so forth. As a collectible, nope.
Thank you. I figured it was not correct. We are new to this game and learning. We would use this for reenactments and not as a show piece. Still not sure if I would want such A hodge podge. Is it worth $10000?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I personally would pass on this. You need more information to decide. Is the engine and frame correct for a '42 MB? If those are CJ2A parts then $10K is way out of line. If this is local to you, see if the frame has the machine gun mount which means WWII frame. See what the engine serial number is.

tnmule20

I personally would pass on this. You need more information to decide. Is the engine and frame correct for a '42 MB? If those are CJ2A parts then $10K is way out of line. If this is local to you, see if the frame has the machine gun mount which means WWII frame. See what the engine serial number is.
Frame does have machine gun mount but I did not get the engine serial number.

badger_610889

This seems to be an old thread, did you get the car finally?
There are lots of odd things on it. For the price I'd rather go with a non restored MB/GPW or get a clean CJ2A and 'militarize' it for a couple thousand bucks.

As a point of reference, my Willys has a Hurricane engine and some CJ2A body parts. Therefore it's a 'bastard' and not a collector. I paid $3500 for it (though I had to rebuild the engine, and redo the brake lines and some paint job which cost around $2500 in parts)
Few people can tell it's not fully genuine (the easy clue being the 'WILLIS' stamps on windshield and hood that weren't on military jeeps) and it drives great, has been reliable for the past 15 years I've used it including go get feed and hay with the MBT trailer.
Would I pay 10K today for it? Probably: it's a great looking car with the right balance of restoration and preservation that makes it feel and drive like a WWII Jeep. It's 98% steel, 0.5% rubber, 0.5% glass and 1% canvas :cool:

Now, if you got this one, it's certainly cooler than most rides you can get for 10K today and you will make it your own!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks