• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1980's Air Force deuce horn button

2deuce

I have a 1985 M35a2c that needs a horn button. I saw there is an "old style" that's common and a "new style". Was the new style a replacement after the last AF deuce was made in 1989? or did the AF specify the old style horn button on their trucks? It was confusing when looking for a replacement.

Thanks

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have seen both types on early and late m35 trucks-- I think it was pretty much what was available when a replacement was needed. If you need one, I am pretty sure I have both types sitting in my parts stash. Give me a day or two and I will let you know for sure.

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To clarify, the later style horn button is what would have been originally used (rubber "puck" with smaller center horn button held in with retaining ring), but when replacements were needed, they used whatever was available.......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks