WA 1984 American General M923A

5TonKayak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1984 American General M923A "0" (dual rear tires) with Cummins NHC 250 / Allison 5-speed. ABS retrofit installed. Only 6,205 miles, 1,128 hours!

Dropside cargo bed hinges and latches all work, have dropped all sides at different times). Troop seats have wooden backs, fiberglas seats.

Bought it for a short job as a portable stage in 2013 and the most miles I've put on it since are the occasional trip to the post office and a yearly car show. Selling because I want it to get more use and love than I can give it.

I've replaced the alternator with a Spider Marine unit, and replaced four Hawkers with two big 12v AGMs designed for solar installations. Battery compartment has AC inlet installed for a NoCo tender (not included).

Replaced a rear axle seal, and will include a couple of spare seals.

Added enough bows to fully support the cargo cover. Cover is in very good condition, no leaks or broken rubber straps, except one cut in back left panel that came that way from depot (see picture).

Engine starts right up from cold with a pushbutton of ether (new canister 2019) runs beautifully, drives well at highways speeds (55-60 mph). Idles steady at 600 RPM, no fluid leaks!

Includes two spare tires, extra bows, and short aluminum ladder.

Known maintenance issues:
Soft top in great condition, no leaks. I got it with FME tape on front edge, replaced it once because old tape was starting to lift.
Some rust starting to show through, and needs to be repainted at some point in near future.
Turn signal needs to be looked at, I just haven't had time. It takes some time to "warm up" like a cold solder joint or bad contact. Starts working the first time 3-4 minutes after turning it, then works for the rest of the drive.

$15,000.00 cash. I have clean title.

IMG_2958.jpg

IMG_2978.jpg

IMG_3072.jpg

IMG_3078.jpg

IMG_2974.jpg

IMG_3075.jpg

IMG_2994.jpg

IMG_3067.jpg

IMG_3068.jpg

IMG_3071.jpg

5TonKayak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Would prefer to sell to a fellow member - I'm willing to meet in WA state (okay, maybe not Spokane, sorry @wsucougarx ) for serious buyers. Price is also negotiable, all reasonable offers welcome!

Brad 5TonKayak

5TonKayak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bump. If you think my pricing is a little too proud, feel free to make an offer, or even a suggestion based on what you all know the market is like.

Thanks!
Brad / 5TonKayak

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks