• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1984 CUCV question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedLegs98

If this is the wrong format or forum please feel free to tell me to get the Hell out of here.

I have a 1984 CUCV with pretty much all the equipment like radio, camouflage etc. Original Paint. Needs batteries.
This is my husband’s truck. His job has shipped out of the country for the next two years and I’ve been told to sell it.

Around 50,000 miles. When it runs she is a good time.

Would I be allowed to list her here on classifieds? Would anyone other than my nutty husband even want her or should I have her hauled away for junk? He says NO! Thanks for letting me ramble!

Barrman

For sure don’t scrap it. We need a little more information and or some pictures to be of much help too.

This thread will probably end up getting move to a different part of the site as soon as a moderator reads this.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
If this is the wrong format or forum please feel free to tell me to get the Hell out of here.

I have a 1984 CUCV with pretty much all the equipment like radio, camouflage etc. Original Paint. Needs batteries.
This is my husband’s truck. His job has shipped out of the country for the next two years and I’ve been told to sell it.

Would I be allowed to list her here on classifieds? Would anyone other than my nutty husband even want her or should I have her hauled away for junk? He says NO! Thanks for letting me ramble!
Hi RedLegs98 and Welcome to the Outfit!

Okay, so I can say it with conviction, but you could ignore me... Whatever you do - Don't you dare scrap or sell his cute little CUCV! You can definitely list the truck in the Classifieds Section but do you really need to get rid of it? Maybe when he gets back from the two year trip, he can finish making "her" pretty again after sitting out in the cold and rain and snow. :-(

If the two of you decide to sell it, you need to set an asking price. Classified Ads require that and seeing that you are a new member, it is definitely something you can do. You definitely need to take pictures and post them as well... If the CUCV needs a place to be stored, we might could work that out too...

Best to both of you on your decision.

I am going to ask one of the Moderators to move your post to the CUCV section (and out of the TM Upload Section) along with my rambling.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Hello Ms. RedLegs. Is your husband's CUCV a truck or Blazer?

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Greetings. You do realize that you've asked a group of MV enthusiasts whether you should scrap a CUCV? I doubt anyone here would tell you to scrap it unless there is major frame rust or some other really bad issue. They are definitely desirable, and if you decide to sell, it should be fairly easy to find a buyer. Please do post some pictures when you can.

Midlifer

I haven’t posted on here for a long time but I saw this thread and see you are in VA. If your cucv is a pickup I’d be interested to learn more about it. Looking for a m1008 on the east coast.

I will send you a direct message as well.

RedLegs98

Hi RedLegs98 and Welcome to the Outfit!

Okay, so I can say it with conviction, but you could ignore me... Whatever you do - Don't you dare scrap or sell his cute little CUCV! You can definitely list the truck in the Classifieds Section but do you really need to get rid of it? Maybe when he gets back from the two year trip, he can finish making "her" pretty again after sitting out in the cold and rain and snow. :-(

If the two of you decide to sell it, you need to set an asking price. Classified Ads require that and seeing that you are a new member, it is definitely something you can do. You definitely need to take pictures and post them as well... If the CUCV needs a place to be stored, we might could work that out too...

Best to both of you on your decision.

I am going to ask one of the Moderators to move your post to the CUCV section (and out of the TM Upload Section) along with my rambling.
Thank you! This baby definitely has to go. I’m moving out of the country to join him at his new job too so we can’t take her with us.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I work in health care and I’ve been doing a LOT of overtime this week. I didn’t realize I’m on your deadline.
No Absolutely NOT! We thank you for dealing with the old, the sick and tired and hurt too. On top of the WooFlu mess.

I was just being nosey because if you had a truck for sale I was interested. There are several other folks who may be as well. Thought you said you had posted pix. No pressure. Heck, after all I would imagine you have plenty enough to do without dealing with an old green truck. :cool:

RedLegs98

No Absolutely NOT! We thank you for dealing with the old, the sick and tired and hurt too. On top of the WooFlu mess.

I was just being nosey because if you had a truck for sale I was interested. There are several other folks who may be as well. Thought you said you had posted pix. No pressure. Heck, after all I would imagine you have plenty enough to do without dealing with an old green truck. :cool:
Wow, three twelves turn me into a B*#€¥! Sorry. My sons are helping me get the photos together tomorrow. We have huge snowstorm supposedly rolling in and I want to get my husband’s baby posted for someone who might appreciate her. Sorry for being snappish. It has been a year. Or three. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks