• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1985 m1009 restoration

kabar1

I know the picture sucks, that's all I have right now. I picked this up from a police department that painted it white. i paid 2800 plan to paint it od green as close to spec as possible, mechanically I can't get it to start w out starter fluid which I know isn't good for it lol, so far two new batteries , starter , glow plugs, glow plug relay, hydro booster, all new filters and fluids. The two transmission lines sprung a leak, I need all new weather stripping, and seals , dash pad black out lights and relays, parts to fix the death wobble and veering to the right, a center console would b nice . The title says 92000 but the trip omitter quit working at 94000 lol. Any inputs and suggestions , also any suggestions on how to attach a license plate and light ANY POINTERS OR SUGGESTIONS?

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can break a piston by using starter fluid. Down load the free technical manuals from the CUCv section and read thru the TM 9-2320-289-20 troubleshooting section for a no start situation.

Do you own a multimeter and know how to use it?

kabar1

I downloaded all the technical manuals I used starter fluid to drive it to the mechanic to sort out what he could , I don't have voltmeter I plan on getting one.

Cucvnut

I love sideways pics :p you have lots of common issues people have on here, with your starting issues read the stickies, I would suggest you get it starting properly before you look in to the DW , It could be from tires to bad ball joints to a few other things.

Last edited:

richingalveston

my suggestion would be to get a multimeter learn to use it and to diagnose your truck yourself. IF you take it to a mechanic, print the tm's and give him that also because he will probably mess your truck up more with out it.

For weatherstriping and seals, buy new ones, any used ones are going to be old and probably not worth the time to put them on. save your coins and buy new. LMC and other companies have all of them.

Use google search to search this site since the format change I found the current site search does not work as well. somewhere in here I have post for a fold down license plate that attaches to the top of the pintle hitch plate behind the bumper. you only need the standard metal trailer licenseplate bracket that has the light and two bolt holes on the bar for the plate to attach to, some hinges and a magnet strip.
the plate folds down to open the tailgate.

READ THE STICKIES AND TM's

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks