NC 1989 BMY 900 Series A1 - Bobbed 5-ton for sale

nayrbrellim

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I've had this truck for a few years now and it's time to move on to something else. She is a mechanically sound but has the typical cosmetic issues that are typical with these type of trucks.

Pros:
Replaced mil spec alternator with a civilian equivalent
Replaced PCB with new one last year
Replaced heater motor last month
Have engine block heater (not installed yet)
New speedo and new fuel gauge (installed but for some reason not operating, just haven't had time to troubleshoot)
Has front winch and it operates properly
Has the 52" super singles with plenty of tread on em
I installed retractable steps on passenger side to help enable vertically challenged folks get up in her a little easier
Previous owner installed civilian fuel pump, has switch in cab
I installed 7 blade/4 pin trailer receptacle last year
I have a NC title in hand and she is registered in NC (took some explaining at the DMV to get them to understand what this truck is (lol) but it's like $450 a year for registration and like $200 yr for insurance)
Has a goose neck hitch under the bed, would have to remove bed to utilize this but only (2) bolts holding bed on.

Cons:
Soft top is due to be replaced (I never got a new one bc wanted to find hardtop)
Driver windshield cracked
Driver door glass cracked (this just happened, I believe the window crank hardware will need replaced but window goes most of the way up)
Passenger door glass cracked
Has second passenger side fuel tank but it isn't hooked up (been wanting to do this but no time)

We have driven this truck several times to South Carolina and Western North Carolina to go camping and/or kayaking, cruises at 65mph down the highway without any any issues (I use an app on my phone as the speedometer). I would trust her to drive just about any where.

There may or may not be other things that are good or bad with her that I can't think of while I'm typing this.

Anyway asking $14,000 OBO since she is in decent shape and just needs some TLC. Make me an offer or willing to trade for a smaller non-military 4x4 truck or van.

Thanks for looking, this site has always been great for advice over the years.

Attachments

Last edited:

nayrbrellim

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some pics of the interior. We bought material from a local army surplus store to recover the seats but were waiting until got a hardtop.

Because I'm a larger fella LOL, we actually shaved some of the foam off the back of the drivers seat so I could sit back a little farther and not have the steering wheel in my gut. Worked out great and no one would ever know unless I told ya, you'd be wondering why is there so much room in here compared to other trucks.

Attachments

nayrbrellim

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just put in (2) brand new batteries last week for $245 but damn I love the way she starts up now.

25° out and with the engine block heater plugged in overnight, she started right up.

Did a search and rescue to help a friend get through the snow here in North Carolina, she couldn't get her car out out driveway so wife and I went and picked her up and drove her around town. She couldn't believe how high up the truck was LOL.

Also, used winch to pull mother-in-laws pos chevy 2wd truck out from being stuck in our front yard. Ran all of the winch cable out and rewound all nice and pretty on the drum, looks so much better now. Definitely nice having a 20k pound winch that could pull a house down.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks