• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1990 bmy 923a2

bigboy44

I won this BMY 923 on the 22nd from Shelby on a wim without a preview. I studied the pics and the video at least 20 times, since I am very short of funds I waited till the last minute to make a final bid. To be quite honest I was not feeling so well so I laid down on the couch about 2:45 and fell asleep and by chance I woke up right at 4 put in a low bid and bam.

DSC00389.jpgDSC00393.jpgDSC00396.jpgDSC00397.jpgDSC00398.jpgDSC00394.jpgDSC00395.jpgDSC00390.jpgDSC00391.jpgDSC00392.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

bigboy44

Wen I was checking the truck out I noticed that the starter, the alternator, oil cooler and the timing cover were all stamped with the same number, WHY? Could this be a rebuild without the MWO triangle put on? The truck is super overall condition, the seats appear to be new, the batteries appear to be new along with the battery box, the cab insulation and floor mat also appear to be fairly new. The truck ran excellent on the way home with my 3500 GMC dully in tow, it was only 87 or so miles.

DSC00409.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice score Warren, there were a lot of decent trucks in that sale. I had the map out and was real close to bidding, ended up sitting on the fence. How close are you to Shelby? For the future maybe.
JC

bigboy44

Nice score Warren, there were a lot of decent trucks in that sale. I had the map out and was real close to bidding, ended up sitting on the fence. How close are you to Shelby? For the future maybe.
JC
I am very close 85 miles or so! I have lots of room to store if needed.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Nice truck. If you stand on the drivers tire and look at the engine data plate on top is the date of manufacture I bet you will find that it's a new motor from 08 or 09

bigboy44

Nice! I picked one up in that same auction. I plan on picking it up Tuesday. Did you have any trouble driving it off base?
No trouble at all, I had it insured with a binder and checked it out very good before leaving. I took my time and all worked fine. 985-966-1216 Warren

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great looking truck.

Those Hawker batteries are worth as much as the truck at $800+ a piece :)

mcmullag

I won one of those too at the end of June, from Nellis AFB in NV, it was rebuilt at the same place yours was, Ft Riley, I gots the same plate on the door area. My engine is dated, built in 2008 and that is the same year of the rebuild in KS. Very clean trucks. Thanks for posting all the pics. I have new sealed batteries like that too, somebody put a mark on them....7/12 only 12000 miles since rebuild, really clean, just like yours. 010.jpg

bigboy44

Thanks Guy's for all the nice comments. Warthog, I paid for the batteries in full and gave Uncle a nice tip and he gave me the truck! The speedo shows 115-- and the hour meter shows 533. Tim, Doug you'll need to stop by and check it out, it would be good to see you'll and chat a bit. zguinness, They do not check anything leaving Shelby only entering the base! mumullag, this truck is super clean. I did take a garden hose to her as it appeared it was driven down a red sandy road and had sand everywhere but it washed off good, it will get pressure washed after I change all the filters and fluids. The floor mats appear to be painted green, I will take a better look after I clean it good (anyone see green floor mats?)

bigboy44

The CTIS is unplugged in the cab and I am not up to speed on that end, can someone point me in the right direction as to how to research it. I was wondering why does it need all that electronic junk, could a regulator be installed in the main controllers place and just dial it in to what pressure you wanted it to run at? I know that would be a little more trouble but it should work. (some input Please).

mcmullag

My floor coverings/sound deadening stuff is green too. I unplugged my CTIS, was getting 4 flashing lights and it takes the tires down to about 40 psi. I was talking to some ex military mechanics last weekend that worked on these in service and they joked that when the truck came in for CTIS not working, they just unplugged them. I wonder if someone has started a thread on the 900 series CTIS problems and fixes. I will look around.

swede69

man that is a beautiful ride.i should have waited for a a2, alot of nice ones out there.i bought my 932a1 in ft mcoy wi and drove her back to concord nc with not so much as a hickup.I never thought i could like it soo much .GREAT ROADTRIP.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks