• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1991 m923/a2 super single 14.00/20 two piece rim o-ring size?

CPDOG

All

I am looking for the correct O-ring size for this 2-piece truck rim. I ordered 2 and they stated was for this size rim, but I believe I am missing something along the way. if you guys could provide any input it is greatly appreciated! (the O-rings sent to me were at least double in size in cross section, but right diameter for the rim itself)

my truck is a1991 m923/a2 with 14.00x20 rims with super singles.

lastly, I literally spent 3 hours also in the tech manual looking for the o-ring size and any procedure for this change out and found nothing other than conducting visual inspections, any ideas?

V/r

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The heavy truck place I went to had them in stock. They were black and not as heavily built as the reddish ones for the hemtt rims.

Changing them should be as straightforward as pulling the rim apart and cleaning and then putting the new one in place as part of reassembly. That's all I did and I've had no problems.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but apparently the ones the tire place will likely have in stock work just fine.

CPDOG

98g

thanks for the reply, I am actually headed to our big truck dealer on Monday, looks like I will have something else for them.

again, thank you.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
p/n 12363606 you can find them on ebay some time.

But if you have the wheels with the 5/8" bolt for the wheel half's it takes a bigger o-ring about 3/8".
The wheels that have 3/4" wheel half bolts use a o-ring that is about 1/4".

CPDOG

m35a2-az

now it makes sense, the O-rings I received in are for the 5/8" stud halves, they are 3/8" in diameter,

I measured and I have the 3/4" studs for the halve nuts.

thanks for the insight I the differences and the part #

V/r.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks