1995 Hyster H40XM 4000# capacity Isuzu Diesel Forklift

Zeke

We just procured the above unit. We are having issues finding the appropriate TM, Service, parts and O&M manuals.

Called local Hyster dealer with no luck. The rep on the phone was not seemingly willing to spend any time helping us figure it out.

She ran for us briefly but when we tried starting again, suspecting the starter. We had to tap on her to get it started the first time, only worked once.

Manuals are my current priority if anyone could assist. The Hyster rep gave me part number 897469 for the service manual but it does not list anything smaller than the H45XM.........

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I too have one and the TM's are limited to the -24P as far as I know. I called Hyster 4 years ago and got the same service manual number, which is not digital, and they transferred me to corporate where a guy pulled out the book from a storage room to go over some info on the phone. These units are "dinosaurs" so I'm told despite mine being a 2007.

If your unit has sat outside it's life say on a runway? Then the starter can get corroded from rain and will need to be replaced. I too had issues with mine recently and it spends its whole life outside. If you find any other TM's do share here.

Attachments

Zeke

I too have one and the TM's are limited to the -24P as far as I know. I called Hyster 4 years ago and got the same service manual number, which is not digital, and they transferred me to corporate where a guy pulled out the book from a storage room to go over some info on the phone. These units are "dinosaurs" so I'm told despite mine being a 2007.

If your unit has sat outside it's life say on a runway? Then the starter can get corroded from rain and will need to be replaced. I too had issues with mine recently and it spends its whole life outside. If you find any other TM's do share here.
I did find that TM but it isn't the same as what I have. Many of the parts don't match it seems.

Local Hyster recommended #897468 Parts, 897740 Ops, and 897469 Service manuals. Pricy to buy, but when I looked up the service one the H40XM 4000# Diesel was not listed

Zeke

I was just told by a dealer that "the H40XM military is the same unit as H45XM civilian unit. They deregulated the unit for military spec." I have yet to verify this, I am still researching to find manuals.

derf

I was just told by a dealer that "the H40XM military is the same unit as H45XM civilian unit. They deregulated the unit for military spec." I have yet to verify this, I am still researching to find manuals.
The "H177" part of the serial numbers denote H45 to H65 sized machines so I think you are correct in the 40 being a military conservative rating.

derf

I think the one I'm sourcing is Air Force and I'm looking for 36M2-2-244-11, which I think will cover it.

MSenart

I have a PDF of the 10-3930-657-14&P, Titled

TRUCK, FORK LIFT, CLEAN BURN,
DIESEL ENGINE DRIVEN, 4000
LB. CAPACITY, 144 INCH LIFT,
PNEUMATIC TIRE, MHE265, HYSTER
MODEL H40XL-MIL
NSN 3930-01-172-7891

Attachments

derf

Mine is a little different:
TO 36M2-2-244-11
"HYSTER
FORK LIFT TRUCK
MODEL: H40XM-AF – 4000 LB CAPACITY
MODEL: H60XM-AF – 6200 LB CAPACITY
3-STAGE UPRIGHT
DIESEL POWERED
PNEUMATIC TIRES
SAFETY RATING TYPE - DS
YEAR OF MANUFACTURE: 2002-2006
CONTRACT NO. SP0500-01-D-0054
FEDERAL STOCK CLASS: 3930"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks