• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1st time Deuce buyer

bob b

i'm in the process of buying a 1952 reo that was repowered in 86 with cat diesel and small whistler turbo it burns clean starts rite up no oil leaks or wheel seal leaks that i can see. the price is rite thier is 760 hrs on tack have all the service records of what weas repaired on truck just needs some body work and tlc is thier any thing i should be looking for as far as problems any help would be greatly appreciated :roll:

Last edited:

omega231

sounds like youve got it good. i would just check the brakes, gauges, and the amount of rust on the frame.

i cant say that i was as careful as you when i bought my first 6 (all at one time):-D

welcome to the club btw

bob b

whistler turbo

it is the small turbo but when i was standing buy it idleling and gave it fuel it did not seem too whistle as loud as others ones i've heard. is thier different ones that were used that sound different in other dueces because when iwas told this is what was in it thats what made me want this particular one.

bob b

getting cold feet

I really want this and the price is rite just a little tight for space also don't know enough about them going to drive it sat i keep going back and forth do i really need this new toy or is it going to be a white elephant i guess i will know better when i drive it plus wife not to thilled about it . Already have a 1943 gpw i restored from the ground up i measured driveway and it will just fit on the o0ne side of the ramp:?:any help would be greatly appreciated on this especially pro commets why i should buy this duece

Lex_Ordo

I didn't have a whole lot of room either, but my decision was based on the price and availability.
How many Willy's Jeeps are around now?
I look at the duece as a modern day large military jeep.
One day they will be a tough commodity. Plus spare parts, New old stock military surplus is plentiful so what I needed to replace kept the truck pure. No reproduction parts.

Plus I live on a dead end and I keep the truck parked at the end in the street.

jeep-Jeep

If you can afford it then get it .
If you don't do it you will regret it when someone else owns it and you should have.
Note * you can always sell it later if it does not work out and know that you owned one once.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks