• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2010 PNW "Mini" Rally Part 2!

srodocker

Ok all its time for another pre-rally for the big one!!!! I finally have my deuce so no bugging people and asking if they want to go pick up my truck for me hahahahha

so details...

WHEN: April 17th a saturday **Dans wife will be back from iraq on leave and she wants to see all of our rigs!!**

WHERE: Dan said we can have it at his place again. unless someone has another place

TIME: 11:00am ?? this work for everyone? this time i dont think we'll stay at brads for 4hrs?? hehehe

everyone's invited MV or not :)

ideas for the rally?

convoy somewhere?
just meet and greet like last time?
anyone have any projects?

let me know if i need to change anything!

Attachments

Ya srodocker aka Scott! You said Convoy somewhere right? How about coming to Montana, but you'll need chains and cold weather gear!!! 3" of wet heavy snow last night. Come one,come all! You can stay at my place. The fishing is good and the company also. elk PS: Taking reservations!! He! He!

srodocker

hahhaha nice! little to far...i was going to take my deuce to moses lake in eastern wa but i may not now because its the same weekend as supercross at qwest field

wsucougarx

Probably would be a good idea to chime in if you're going. That will help the event coordinators to plan accordingly.
At this point, count me in. More than likely I'll have my son with me again.
I may stop off at Brad's along the way. If anyone else is interested let me know.

Last edited:

mightymanx

Howdy folks It seems I found the "locals thread"

I am up in Bremerton and I have recently branched out into the "green iron" realm.

I picked up a M109A2 1971 AM general with a Continental, from Redstone AL in December and drove it back. Yes I drove it back.

Not too much drama on the trip 52mph the whole way After I got rid of the pedal stop that only allowed 1/4 throttle. It loosened up and stoped smoking after the first 500 I ran a half gallon of seafoam for the first 2 tanks and lucas fuel treatment the rest of the way. I figure I have driven it more than anyone period It was an AL National Guard truck and probaly never left base.

The truck chewed up the 3500ish miles in grand fashon, other than it has no heater and the Nebraska ice storm that gave me stage 1 frost bite in a few places it was a great trip.
the worse the roads got the beter it did. It even puled happy jack on I-80 all 8000' of it at 4th and about 35mph.

So a little about me.

Married with one daughter age 2 (future drag racer)
Drag racing is my main hobby I own a 9 second Aircooled VW Manx hence the user name. Retiring from the Navy next year career Submariner by trade.

I got into the M109 to make a camper and ultimate zombie survival vehicle:cool: the goal is to have it replace my Dodge Cummins as the truck for the track so I don't have to buy a camper and I can swap that drive train into my 1960 Desoto Adventurer.

I am doing some minor engine mods to the truck before the camper conversion I have already stealthed in a dynomax muffler behind the heat shield. and I am swapping a HX35 turbo in to move the turbo powerband down some. Waiting on parts to finish.:evil: after road testing that and possibly adding H20 injection I will instal a heater and fix the roof and all the other little rust spots, and then full tilt camper time.

The big thing I am going to do that may be considered different is a pass thorugh into the box from the cab. I stopped by Boyce on the way back and picked up another drivers seat so I can ditch the bench. Swapping out both seats foam with temperfoam 3500 miles convinced me my butt is not made of Iron anymore. I am still debating converting to 12volt but am worried about having to rewind the starter motor. $$$$. I need to save that $$ for the aux trans.

That is about it for now. I am notorisly bad about build threads and pictures. But if you see a faded (for now) Camo 109 on some speed runs near Kitsap county honk as you go by I can hear you now. ( the muffler made the truck quieter than my Dodge).

This makes it offically a bazillion car/gun/truck forums I have to keep up with now but it seems worth it so far.

Dan

AKA Mighty Manx

Last edited:

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
mightymanx,
Welcome from the dry east side of the state.
Your in good company here.

You might post this as a general introduction on the requirements for new members forum, so that the rest of the site that doesn't read this mini rally thread, can also welcome you aboard.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks