• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2010 PNW "Mini" Rally Part 3

srodocker

So this is more of a idea thread for when and where we should have a mini rally part 3. maybe do a charity type event? or someone know of a car show we can do? any ideas anyone?

Attachments

Rivrdog

Cabelas, eh? This hobby isn't spendy enuff, we have to meet at CABELA'S, where I can never get out for less than a couple Benji's!

If my M35A2 makes it here to Portland from Gene Maccus in time, I will probably bash it up there. When I was a grease monkey in the OR Air Nasty Guard, I drove many a vehicle, including a few M35s up I-5 to the Defense Disposal Area on Ft. Lewis.

Rivrdog
Grumpy Major
FNG, No Class
1972 AM General M35A2

Stalwart

I went last year, we have an event this weekend the 4th & 5th, the Vintage Aircraft Weekend at Paine Field, Everett. I'll see if Jane wants to do something two weekends in a row.

Rivrdog

Still nada from the trucker's board in Speedy City. Will keep everyone informed when and if someone picks up the M35 as a load. chances are, it'll wind up in the Seattle area anyway, there's a ton more traffic thru Speedy for Seattle than there is for Portland. If it comes into Seattle, I just store it up there until the 11th.

Ronin Warrior

Scott,

Talked to about a dozen hot rod people in the last three weeks, all of which had issues with local MV Collectors crashing their shows and none had anything good to say about the invaders. If you want to play army truck so bad why don't you enlist? The MVPA shows are for just this sort of thing, as well as the little get togethers. Car shows are for the cars. Reserves are paying good money for people with your enthusiasm.

srodocker

Medically i can't join any branch of the military. I've tried. Im supporting the troops. I see no difference in restoring a classic MV and restoring a classic car. both are vehicles with different backgrounds.

srodocker

Not really. I've only mentioned the idea of doing a car show at the beginning of the thread to start brain storming more ideas. the current idea of the thread is doing a support the troop/families of troops at cabelas on the 11th.

**** Scott,
I don't think I'll be making this one if it's on the 11th. Don't get me wrong, I would love to. But, We just got back from a camping trip on the 1st, heading to eastern Oregon on the 3rd for a family visit, comming back from there on the 6th. Another mini-camping trip to Long Beach, WA from the 16th through the 19th. If we happen to have the funds, and are not too burned out, we might try to drive to Lacey and join everybody at Cabella's if that's what we are going to call our official "mini-rally". I would really much rather it be like October, but that's just me.

On a side note, where in Gresham are you at Rivrdog? The wife and I live in Troutdale, off of Kane and Stark. We are neighbors. If you need help with retrieval (extra driver, mechanic help, somebody to keep you awake) feel free to let me know.

Mike

srodocker

the official mini rally will probley be in october as this one is just saying im going to at point A at a certain time. i'll probley be the only one there and maybe stalwart :)

kurtkds

Scott,

Talked to about a dozen hot rod people in the last three weeks, all of which had issues with local MV Collectors crashing their shows and none had anything good to say about the invaders. If you want to play army truck so bad why don't you enlist? The MVPA shows are for just this sort of thing, as well as the little get togethers. Car shows are for the cars. Reserves are paying good money for people with your enthusiasm.

:funny:
Scott don't worry about that guy. Those car show guys are just a bunch on snobs anyway.

srodocker

heh thats kurt. when i took my truck to the steilacoom summerfest 10' carshow the car club who ran it gave me fliers for the next 2 or 3 carshows throughout the summer and told me to bring it :D

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Car shows here in Texas actively seek out MV's. I know it because my neighbor (relatively) nofearnohope was invited to the local car show with his deuce. The army came out and they did a little show if im correct. MV's are just meaty cars. :hammer::p

Stalwart

I was un-invited to a car show this year, they wanted my tank and my '09 GT500KR last year but they didn't want my M977.

When we took our British armour to a All British Field Meet, the car owners were ****ty to us, the crowds loved seeing the armor. :cookoo:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks