• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2014 Annual Texas MV Rally

nofearnohope

Yes, it is that time again to start planning the next TX MV Rally. The weekend of March 21-23 is the weekend of the Museum of the American GI's open house. We will be camping at the Brazos Valley Off Road Ranch again this year. Cost is $10 per person/family per night. Please let me know if you plan on attending and what MV you will be bringing so I can ensure we have enough space at the museum for our trucks.

combatmech

I'll mark it on the calendar. No telling if I'll make it this year. I'd be a maybe. I'm sure that others from the NT MV club will chime in soon. I'm smell a convoy!!

two.fiveM35

I have it penciled in, i would bring either my m35a2 with M105 or M923. My possible issue is my son has this 16 birthday on the 23rd

Last edited:

anjay22

I will try to make it. With this new living history thing I am doing, I have to be at the museum as well. Is there an attempt to have two campouts a year?

nofearnohope

Eric, hope to get to see you again. If not, we understand family first.
John, we'll see you around the museum if you can't join us. We tried 2 rallys a year, but the last one we tried didn't happen and things got kinda ugly. If I see enough interest, we can try another one next fall.

Barrman

I am so glad BMJP stuck with the 3rd weekend instead of changing to the end of Spring Break like they used to always be. I am taking my Scouts out to climb mountains during spring break and was worried about missing the Rally. It just might all work out.

Colton and I will be there with the same two trucks as last time. M715 and M1009. I think we will try to flat tow the M715 this year just to make it more fun instead of trailering the RED. He has his learners permit now, so if an adult is there without a vehicle and wants to "teach" from the front seat, we can take both to the museum.

Barrman

Clint hasn't chimed in yet so I didn't want to doom his M715 project by writting he could drive mine while I ride with Colton. Hopefully, Clint will have his 350/3053A M715 done by then. That will then mean another person is needed.

That better Lincoln?

nofearnohope

Tim, I think any of us would be perfectly safe riding with your son. Especially in a convoy. Plus I wouldn't want to ride with my 16 yr old any more than I have to now that she has her learner's permit. LOL

m715mike

Well fuzzytoaster.... I don't share your dilemma. I only have one truck to bring.

I guess that is the only benefit to having one truck. It's easy to make-up one's mind.

I will have to work on this for the 2015 rally!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks