• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2016 Leesburg, Ga Spirit of Christmas Parade

sandcobra164

All,
You are cordially invited to participate in the Annual Christmas Parade in my hometown. We have done this for the past 5 years and we normally wind up with 4 or 5 trucks under the flag of CAMO, Leesburg Detachment. Last year we had support from the HQ's and Proud American made the journey to Leesburg. 2 years ago, it feel on Drill Weekend and I had some of my Soldiers walk alongside the trucks and the small town crowd went wild. I'm going to ask for volunteers to make that happen again.

Brass Tacks. Convoy must make it to the staging point at 0900. We can meet in my front yard no later than 0815 and get lined up. No Santa's allowed, Leesburg has one on their float and it's their rule. If we throw candy, we need guards around all the trucks to prevent any kids from getting hurt.

I need to turn in my entry by the 18th of November so if you're interested, please let me know in this thread. Already confirmed are General Non-Sense (M923) and Sarge (Norway M1028 ). We would love to populate the list up to around 6 or 7 trucks. The local community in my town are very Patriotic and I will post back if it looks like we can have Uniformed Guardsmen walk around the trucks!

I added some pictures to show past years successes!

Attachments

sandcobra164

Ken, your glasses are working fine, sir! December 3rd on a Saturday. Thank You Sir for pointing out my error and allowing me to correct it. The Parade might be a long haul for ya'll to participate but we will welcome with open arms if you decide to come down.

izzug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ken, your glasses are working fine, sir! December 3rd on a Saturday. Thank You Sir for pointing out my error and allowing me to correct it. The Parade might be a long haul for ya'll to participate but we will welcome with open arms if you decide to come down.
I'm in if I'm not traveling for work.....Rick

sandcobra164

Bringing this back to the top, I've got to submit my application Friday morning so I need to know by Thursday evening. Either respond on here or send a text to 229-364-2842. Thanks, Joseph

sandcobra164

Looks like I've got quite a line up so far but I'm always looking for more.

1985 M1028 CUCV "Sarge" - owner sandcobra164
1972 M35A2 Deuce "Frankenstein" - owner GoDawgsDV8
1974 M35A2 Deuce "Arabella" - owner Atomic but likely driven by Riddle1 "Wildcard truck, depends on owner and driver schedule".
1971 M35A2 Deuce - owner Welder1
1990 M931A2 5 Ton - owner izzug "Tractor converted to a short bed cargo"
1991 M923A2 5 Ton - owner Jacked5ton
1984 M923A1 5 Ton - "General Non-Sense" owner sandcobra164

I'm trying to get "Swamp Donkey" to come down as his truck participated in this Parade twice with it's previous owner! I would Love to have any others as well. Line up is at 0900 in Leesburg, GA. I prefer to meet up at my house at around 0800 for a quick carry out breakfast, line up order since they announce which truck is where at the review stand, and all of that fun stuff. The parade does not actually start until 1000 but we have to be lined up in order so the Parade Organizers lives are so much easier on the morning of. Lunch after is up in the air depending on involvement. As we currently sit, we'll likely go to a local place. If I get much more participation, I'll likely get a catered lunch and the CUCV will drop out so my wife can get everything ready to go at the house for a smooth experience. My boys will be along for the ride either way. If we go the catered lunch route, Free Food! If we go to the local joint, it's on you.

Last edited:

sandcobra164

Just a slight update, list was turned into the office yesterday. Pictures will follow on December 3rd after the Parade and a good lunch! The M1028 may get pulled from the list as it looks like we may have a slight crowd that will want to eat and lunch needs to be ready at the house. I've tried to argue my point about going to a local place but it somehow fell on "deaf" ears. Now I have to deep fry a turkey the night before but lunch will be fantastic!

sandcobra164

Good turnout today! Pictured are 6 of the 7 trucks that participated. My better half was busy with our boy's so I could hang out with my friends. I have an old dumb flip phone so we don't have many pictures to add. I want to say Thanks to members Welder1, Godawgsdv8, Atomic, Izzug, and Jacked5ton for participating. Mr. Rick had to travel from Atlanta to make it down so he wins the "Mileage Club" Award! Once again, the crowd was outstanding and much larger than the numbers that you would ascertain from a google search of Leesburg, GA population. We even transported 3 groups of cub scouts in the back of the open cargo's! I'll look for friends who took pictures and try to add to this thread. To the members of the group that participated, Post them if you got them!

Joseph Carson

Attachments

sandcobra164

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01yG4EM8TeM Start around the 12:30 mark and you'll see what CAMO Leesburg Detachment rolled through the Christmas Parade with! Once again, many Thanks to all who participated and as always we hope to have more trucks!!! Many visitors who have came are always impressed with the turnout when they come. It's truly a small town but very Patriotic and very appreciative to see these old trucks!

sandcobra164

A few pictures of the convoy in the Parade posted on the Leesburg Chamber of Commerce. Somehow they are in reverse order, the convoy was lined up from smallest to largest!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks