• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2023 SoCal Spring Rally

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We have our dates set for the SoCal Spring Rally the weekend of April 20th - 23rd.
Here is the map to camp https://goo.gl/maps/4gL2iMToLmf1zsgR9

I'll be marking the campsite with cones so as to not disturb surrounding plant life.

Saltydeuce will be providing us with a few truck loads of firewood for the community fire pit so we have a warm gathering spot, to tell lies and overembellish stories of being on fire.

There will be a convoy through the desert on Saturday around 11'ish which makes for a real good time and enjoy the view this also gives us an opportunity to pick up any trash that we may see along the way. When we get back I'll be grilling up some tacos for everyone there.

We have our rally car and we'll see what fun we can have with it. If anyone wants to drive the rally car we ask for a donation to help with the purchase of it.

As it should be with any campsite we ask that you pick up any trash that you see as well as packing up what you bring out.

I know when we are out in the open desert it can be hard not to get on the gas and get the full experience of the wind blowing on your wig, but please be courteous around camp and around others that want to enjoy it too so that nobody gets dusted out. There is a 5mph speed limit in camp.

Hope to see you guys out there.

therealquaid

I bought my first bobbed Deuce this weekend and I want to bring it over to the Rally!

I hope I can get it titled quick enough to drive down with the truck. I only have a Bill of Sale no title/registration.

DirtLegal quoted me 3 weeks going the Montana LLC route. Any quicker suggestions on how to get maybe CA historic plates?

Last edited:

True Knight

I bought my first bobbed Deuce this weekend and I want to bring it over to the Rally!

I hope I can get it titled quick enough to drive down with the truck. I only have a Bill of Sale no title/registration.

DirtLegal quoted me 3 weeks going the Montana LLC route. Any quicker suggestions on how to get maybe CA historic plates?
If you’re wanting historic plates it is usually very easy to do yourself. Just make sure you take in all the paperwork and sign in the correct spot and you’ll have the plates in a few weeks. They give you a temp permit in the meantime.

saltydeuce

Give me a call 626 956 6276

teletech

Hmm, this is very interesting. I'd like to know more about this DL of which you speak... I've got a Ferret in CA and while the DMV was willing to at least consider giving me a title, when I went to the CHP for VIN verification, the officer sent me packing with a note despite it not being a US vehicle and from the 1950s.
dmv.JPG
Oops, sorry, didn't mean to hijack.
I've got fantasies of bringing the Ferret, or at least showing up. I've never been to one of the meets before, is there a FAQ or HOWTO?

therealquaid

Hmm, this is very interesting. I'd like to know more about this DL of which you speak... I've got a Ferret in CA and while the DMV was willing to at least consider giving me a title, when I went to the CHP for VIN verification, the officer sent me packing with a note despite it not being a US vehicle and from the 1950s.
View attachment 895058
Oops, sorry, didn't mean to hijack.
I've got fantasies of bringing the Ferret, or at least showing up. I've never been to one of the meets before, is there a FAQ or HOWTO?
Although my paperwork is still being analyzed by the DMV, DirtLegal specializes in registering non-conforming vehicles, I went from never having been issued a title to getting my temporary tags in 3 days! I recommend calling them and they might be able to help you letting you know what you will need.

Titling won’t be a problem for me but now I just hope I can get my new roof and zipper boots changed before the meetup!

It’s my first time going as well, is the spot good for some difficult off-roading or is it more like a big wide open area?

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Although my paperwork is still being analyzed by the DMV, DirtLegal specializes in registering non-conforming vehicles, I went from never having been issued a title to getting my temporary tags in 3 days! I recommend calling them and they might be able to help you letting you know what you will need.

Titling won’t be a problem for me but now I just hope I can get my new roof and zipper boots changed before the meetup!

It’s my first time going as well, is the spot good for some difficult off-roading or is it more like a big wide open area?
Here is a hill close to our campsite that MAdams' 7 ton Is climbing and making it look easy. This hill most jeeps and 5 tons can't climb even with lockers.

trevorb123

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a hill close to our campsite that MAdams' 7 ton Is climbing and making it look easy. This hill most jeeps and 5 tons can't climb even with lockers.
Yeah but if you open the driver door you can see where his butthole puckered so hard that moment it tore a hole in the seat cusion

True Knight

Anyone want a couple of storage boxes designed for a MRAP type vehicle? They have jerry can holders on top of them too. If so I can bring them out with me to the rally tomorrow night. $40 each, I’ve got 2

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks