• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24v battery charging through NATO port

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes.

I make a similar product with a small anderson connector that allows alligator clips or a slave plug.
I love those little chargers, I have been using them for several years now, I have one on the MEP right now keeping it ready until the threat of freeze is gone next month.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For occasional charging it should be fine through the slave port.

If you are plugging it in regularly then I'd recommend something like the NO.CO gen 5x2 that is a 2 bank 12V charger that hardwires to the batteries. Mount it in the open area next to the battery compartment and then run the plug out the back of the battery box or behind the seat.

Also depends on what truck you have. If it's a 60 amp generator then the NO.CO will charge up both batteries equally, which the generator doesn't do. If you have a truck with a dual voltage generator then it doesn't matter.

TexF18

So I have a m1123 and it has the 12v converter on the generator. this is more to maintain the batteries.On those noco 2 bank chargers. You would have to have disconnect the batteries to charge them up?

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I have a m1123 and it has the 12v converter on the generator. this is more to maintain the batteries.On those noco 2 bank chargers. You would have to have disconnect the batteries to charge them up?

no, you leave everything hooked up and just plug it in.
Several people have contacted noco and the response is that it is 100% safe to have them hooked up to different batteries wired in series. It's what I have in my truck and haven't had any issues.

nikojo

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Tex here is something I did recently. I used Victron as the charger (big in the RV world). Noco is nice as well but I liked the fact the Victron was completely waterproof and also had a bluetooth function when it is plugged in to monitor.

Noco makes a nice bulkhead thru-plug that allows you to plug in whatever charger you end up using.

Agree with others that consensus for long term or frequent charging charge the batteries separately.

Here is the link with pictures.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks