• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24v generator to 24v alternator

4STARDAD

Good afternoon... I'm (regretfully) having to swap out my Tornado and putting in a Chevy inline 6...I would rather stay 24v because all my lights function as they should....can I run a 24v alternator in place of the 24v generator? The alternator will bolt right up and I'm getting a 24v starter. Then the only modification is the 24v to 12v reducer on the coil. Thanks

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you asking if you can use a Delco style 24v alternator instead of mounting the M715 unit on your GM engine? Sure, that is a good idea.

4STARDAD

Yes. Probably better than the old design.
Just didn't wanna fool with the wiring. All the lights function as they should and I want to keep it as original as possible. Can get a GM 24 volt starter that'll bolt right up to the Novak bellhousing. Now my only problem is the distributor. Is there a way to get the distributor over to 24 volt?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well if you were using a V8 GM engine I would suggest using a distributor from a M114 APC (it had a 283). To retain the GM set up, there are 24/12 converters available.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks