• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2nd annual Dallas / Ft. Worth trail ride at Bridgeport OHV park

Blueduce

It is time again for the 2nd bi-annual DFW trail ride at Bridgeport OHV park in Bridgeport, TX. We did this trail ride last October and it was a big success. We had six vehicles and ten people in attendance.
The trail ride is a one day event. It will be held on Saturday February 23rd from 09:00 to 14:00 with lunch afterwards at the Rock City Burger Co. There will be at least 10 to 12 vehicles in attendance from the MVCC (Military Vehicle Collector Club).

I have fixed it so we can get into the Bridgeport OHV Park at the $15 per vehicle price. To do this I will need the names of all participants, there family and friends that will be attending by the 19th of February.

Even if you’re unsure of your participation go ahead and put your name on the list. You do not need to be an active club member to participate as long as you’re on the list. If you are already on the list and plan on bringing a friend or family member please send me that person’s full name so I can add it to the list.

Members, non-members, friends and family that wish to attend are all welcome. You do not need to have a Military Vehicle. You can drive your personal vehicle up to the park or you can ride up with one of the trucks. Either way we always have enough room for everyone to ride all day.

The event itinerary will be as follows. We will meet at the OHV park between 09:00 and 10:00, trail ride till 14:00 or so, Drive the trucks to the burger joint we ate at last time and then head home. A large group will be leaving from Keller, TX around 08:00 and convoying up to the park from there. If you would like to ride with or join in this convoy just be in Keller before 08:00. (PM me for the address)

We will have deuce and CUCV spare parts and recovery equipment including at least one medium tow bar, recovery chains, tire changing capabilities, etc. There is fuel (including diesel), an O'Reilly's, and wash rack just outside the parks front gate.

Please note that if you are not on the list it does not mean that you can't attend the trail ride. It only means that you may have to pay the full price entry fee of $25.
Here is the link to the parks home page that include a map and directions. http://www.cityofbridgeport.net/index.aspx?nid=322

Be advised that this is an outdoors event. Your club officers will keep a close eye on the forecast and may decide to reschedule this outing to severe weather conditions up to the morning of. If you have any other questions or comments about this event please contact me.

Blueduce

Okay fellas,
Today is the last chance to sign up for the trail ride this Saturday up in Bridgeport, TX. This trip will be epic. Last year we had 5 trucks and 10 people in attendance. This year we are topped out at 11 vehicles and 28 people. the MVCC (Military Vehicle Collector Club) in Keller, TX will be sponsoring this outing again in October of 2013. If the interest continues to grow we will continue to make this a biannual event.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We had a GREAT TIME. Only one member got stuck and it took just a few minutes to resolve that issue.

View attachment 412744

Bryan in his M35 deuce

View attachment 412745

My M1009

View attachment 412746

K9Vics M1031

View attachment 412747

did I mention that ONE of us got stuck - the M1031 pulled it free fairly quickly - it was high centered

View attachment 412748

Here is the crew that went - we had eight trucks and twenty people

WE HAD A GREAT TIME
Great pics - THANKS!

There's nuttin' like plowing still water with the front of an MV :jumpin:
:driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks