• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3/4 ton springs and ord flip

Bigbondo007

Finally got the 4" Superlift on the front and the 4" ord flip on the back. Now should I fit hmmvw 37s or go with 35s? BTW the civvy k5 i have has 36s and is 1/2" higher in the front and will scrub. I absolutely refuse to trim sheet metal on this truck.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Bigbondo007

How much did you trim? I'll probably have to go more without the counterweight you have. Although I found a set of 34.5's and mt classic 2 wheels for cheap last night

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How much did you trim? I'll probably have to go more without the counterweight you have.
The directions for the flares say 1" on the front and the rear. I was closer to 1.5"...

My truck actually is a little higher in the rear than it looks in that picture... but I'm still building out the back.

Attachments

Chaski

Mr Sawzall has to come out to fit 37's with a 4" lift… Unless you never deviate from a straight line, or articulate your rig and have springs out of a Peterbilt.

IMHO -If you choose wheels carefully (stick with around 4.5" backspacing) you can get away with 34-35's but it will be close.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks