• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

348 miles Trip advice needed

The Swede

Hi
My name is Erik and I live in Sweden
I'm in the processes (99,9%) of purchasing a 1941 CCKWX 353 Short wheelbase :)

I'm kind of new to the CCKW trucks but I have owned a M35A2 and a Willys M38A2 before so I'm not totally new to this hobby.

But the problem is that the truck is 348miles (560Km) away in Norway and its not possible for me to have it transported home to Stockholm, so we have a mighty road trip ahead of us.
Its in good drivable condition with recently overhauled brakes and over all in great shape.
I plan to change out all oils and the oil filter before I begin my journey home just to bee sure it has the right type oil and Zink additives.

I know that you guys have an outstanding level of experience and knowledge and I would like to ask you for some advice.
1 Is it even possible?
2 Good to have spare parts?
3 Any known weaknesses?
4 How do the fuel pump handle the modern fuels with pre mixed ethanol ( I will be using Petrol Lead Substitute Fuel Additive in the fuel)
5 What highway speed do you recommend 35-37mph?
6 And some other general advice
7 Any other thoughts?

Here is some pictures of my new truck.
Cckwx i Norge.jpgimg_2.jpgimg_3.jpgimg_4.jpgimg_8.jpgimg_10.jpgimg_11.jpg

A big thanks in advance
Kind Regards
Erik in Sweden

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I drove a similar CCKW 266 miles not too long ago with no problems whatsoever at 45 mph. I would bring a backup fuel and water pump.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I don't have anything constructive to add to your thread but I am seriously jealous. That's an awesome truck. I love closed cab CCKWs

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Beautiful truck. I don't have any wisdom to add. But, is there any way to drive on back roads, or will you have to drive on the highway? I'd think the truck would like it better if you kept the RPM down. I always worry about leaking seals when you get it back home, although they can always be fixed/repaired.

Good luck and congratulations!

sandcobra164

The only advice I could offer is use a diesel engine oil since they tend to still have Zinc in them in levels above the oils available for gas burning engines. The truck does look nice and I wish you a safe ride home.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks