• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3Jacks HMMWV build

3jacks

Purchased at auction from GP, submitted first time EUC on 02/14/2017. Was approved 03/14/2017 and delivered 03/18/2017.

started right up right off the trailer!

Installed grounding harness (Kascar 535-A1)
changed fluids and filters (oil Wix 51060xp), (fuel SC220072), (air 12342870), (trans 12337210).

the oil filter wouldn't come off...seized is an understatement. There was a tiny crack at the top of the 90* adapter where it attaches to the block. And it was leaking before I got into it. So it was replaced (adapter 12338780 and seal kit SSD-583M)

new LED headlights, I will post that info later (7" and buckets didn't have to be modified, used the Packard connectors from incandescent lights that were in it and hard wired to the new lights).

speedometer didn't work. Cable was snapped off inside the speedometer so both were replaced (cable 12338428-2 and speedo 12338463).

after bringing it up to temp the gauge registered 220 degrees, I put a thermometer in the overflow and it read 190 so gauge was replaced (12338473). Now gauge doesn't work at all so a new sending unit was ordered.

on the to do list:
4 man soft top, C pillar etc
xdoors
new rear seats and seat belts
new paint
lizard skin
drivers side front tire
linex bed

had an issue today: pulling into drive it quit while putting into neutral. Control box had a clicking noise it is a KDS unit I think. It restarted with no issue and didn't occur again after running and restarting two more times.

Thanks for looking...I will update this as more things get done

Attachments

Last edited:

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey...no front seat mount....you gonna put a milk bottle box in as a seat :grin:

3jacks

Might be more comfortable! I pulled everything out that I could...will do bedliner next weekend and paint the interior.

Going to Wilmington NC to get a few goodies on Monday: xdoors, airlift bumper, 4 man top etc. and all going well she will be ready for exterior paint in about 3 weeks.

ryanruck

Lizard skin weekend...
LOL! Those pics look familiar...

Good times! :mrgreen:

IMG_1357_zpsxmwqndih.jpg

What bedliner you going with? I did Monstaliner color matched to Green 383 and it's great!

IMG_1415_zpszvpwni50.jpg

My only complaints are that it's slick, especially when wet (to fix, I installed some horse stall mats trimmed to fit), and when carrying cargo I've had sharp metal edges scrape down to the Lizard Skin in the cargo areas. I was just talking with someone else about this and if I had to do it over again, I'd go with 4 coats of Monstaliner in the cargo areas. 2 seems to be fine in the passenger footwell areas though. I may well go back and add a couple extra coats even though it will be a bit of work. Just haven't decided.

3jacks

LOL! Those pics look familiar...

Good times! :mrgreen:

View attachment 675797

What bedliner you going with? I did Monstaliner color matched to Green 383 and it's great!

View attachment 675798

My only complaints are that it's slick, especially when wet (to fix, I installed some horse stall mats trimmed to fit), and when carrying cargo I've had sharp metal edges scrape down to the Lizard Skin in the cargo areas. I was just talking with someone else about this and if I had to do it over again, I'd go with 4 coats of Monstaliner in the cargo areas. 2 seems to be fine in the passenger footwell areas though. I may well go back and add a couple extra coats even though it will be a bit of work. Just haven't decided.
I'm going with linerextreeme for the bedliner. Was really happy with the Lizardskin install, just didn't buy enough to do the whole tunnel. Yours looks great!

Last edited:

3jacks

Looks good, but why not put the Lizard Skin on the tunnel down the center and into the bed?

The short answer: I'm an idiot and didnt buy enough and was more concerned about getting 40mils of product from firewall back through seating area. The more I look at it...I might just have to buy more and shoot the tunnel. The bed I'm not so concerned about sound proofing, that will just be bedliner.

3jacks

Hey...no front seat mount....you gonna put a milk bottle box in as a seat :grin:

86humv, I've been thinking about your post and come to think of it, when I removed the commander front seat there was no mount present other than the seat frame (it was held in by 6 bolts thru the floor). There was a rectangle shaped area unpainted with a little sealant / adhesive residue on the floor. I'm going to look at the TM to see what is supposed to be there...6 little bolts just doesn't seem right but that's what was there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks