• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3KW MEP-831A won't stop once it runs. Need help.

Nowa

It wont stop once it runs, but when i turn the switch from off to on back while running it stops, so what could be problem here?? Need help.

Moderators note: Edited title to now include genset model.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guyfang

Staff member
I have TM's for at least 9 main types of 3 KW, ans there are about 30 sub models included. So if you were to share just what kind of 3 KW you have, I will not have to once again search from attic to basement of my house for my crystal ball, bag of chicken bones and Tarot cards to get informed. .

Nowa

I have TM's for at least 9 main types of 3 KW, ans there are about 30 sub models included. So if you were to share just what kind of 3 KW you have, I will not have to once again search from attic to basement of my house for my crystal ball, bag of chicken bones and Tarot cards to get informed. .
Its a. 3kw 60hz
Model: MEP-831A
Ser no: FZA19318
Thankyou.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It wont stop once it runs, but when i turn the switch from off to on back while running it stops, so what could be problem here?? Need help.
When starting be sure to hold the S11 switch in START long enough for oil pressure to build. If you release S1 too quick it will fault possibly causing what you are seeing.

Sounds like your set is detecting a fault and tripping the K12 relay.
When you have the problem drop down the access panel while it's running and see if the LED inside K12 (the left relay) is lit.
If it's on it indicates a fault was detected. Before shutting it down look to see what if any fault lamps are illuminated.

Nowa

When starting be sure to hold the S11 switch in START long enough for oil pressure to build. If you release S1 too quick it will fault possibly causing what you are seeing.

Sounds like your set is detecting a fault and tripping the K12 relay.
When you have the problem drop down the access panel while it's running and see if the LED inside K12 (the left relay) is lit.
If it's on it indicates a fault was detected. Before shutting it down look to see what if any fault lamps are illuminated.
So i looked at the k12 while running it does illuminate a green light on the left side of the relay but any lights on fault lamps..

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Di you have good battery(s) in the set?
Are you using the electric starter or pull starting it?

If you have batteries in it the with S1 in RUN but not running depress the Reset button on the A2 fault monitor and see if all the lamps illuminate. They should.

Two circuits can cause K12 to activate.
1) The A2 fault monitor due to fault such as Overload/Short Circuit, Low Oil Pressure, High Temp., No Fuel and Over Voltage.
2) The inverter can also cause K12 to activate if it thinks it detects a Short Circuit.

Can you start the set, see K12 illuminate, then turn S1 to Off, then to Run and then momentarily to Start and then back to run. Does K12's led stay off?
Is the led inside K15 the far right relay on?

Nowa

Di you have good battery(s) in the set?
Are you using the electric starter or pull starting it?

If you have batteries in it the with S1 in RUN but not running depress the Reset button on the A2 fault monitor and see if all the lamps illuminate. They should.

Two circuits can cause K12 to activate.
1) The A2 fault monitor due to fault such as Overload/Short Circuit, Low Oil Pressure, High Temp., No Fuel and Over Voltage.
2) The inverter can also cause K12 to activate if it thinks it detects a Short Circuit.

Can you start the set, see K12 illuminate, then turn S1 to Off, then to Run and then momentarily to Start and then back to run. Does K12's led stay off?
Is the led inside K15 the far right relay on?
So, It does turn on and run but it wont turn back off when u trun the switch back to off unless u put it back to on and also my k12 and k15 relay lights up but my k14 dont

Nowa

So, It does turn on and run but it wont turn back off when u trun the switch back to off unless u put it back to on and also my k12 and k15 relay lights up but my k14 dont
So i just remove my diode from k12 and i ran it it work perfectly fine but the diode isnt bad cuz i tested it with another generator

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks