• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4 wheel steering

W427

I got the rear steering to work, But i can't get it to lock.. Any ideas?
Probably the retraction gas cylinders, as they go bad after so many years, operating on their sides. If they are bad, you can push on the extended steering section with your foot to push it back in to locked position, and pin it for safety. If this works easily, then the cylinders are your issue, and a fairly easy fix. If it won't retract without force, then it's likely crud, crap or corrosion in the mechanism (I just had this recently with one of mine). See below for the blinking light fault codes from the TM for clues if it's something else.

The gas cylinders (two) are short lift cylinders (like a hatchback), over the rear-steer section, that push it into locked position when the air cylinder depressurizes. These were originally Guden 40-060-K, but there are many alternative part numbers from many sources, from under $10 to $40 each. If that's your issue, then have a look at @rasmussenrentals video on replacement:

If you can't see the image below, go to the original post here: https://www.growlerforum.com/forum/garage/four-wheel-steering/122-rear-steering?p=4102#post4102

Wisky291

Probably the retraction gas cylinders, as they go bad after so many years, operating on their sides. If they are bad, you can push on the extended steering section with your foot to push it back in to locked position, and pin it for safety. If this works easily, then the cylinders are your issue, and a fairly easy fix. If it won't retract without force, then it's likely crud, crap or corrosion in the mechanism (I just had this recently with one of mine). See below for the blinking light fault codes from the TM for clues if it's something else.

The gas cylinders (two) are short lift cylinders (like a hatchback), over the rear-steer section, that push it into locked position when the air cylinder depressurizes. These were originally Guden 40-060-K, but there are many alternative part numbers from many sources, from under $10 to $40 each. If that's your issue, then have a look at @rasmussenrentals video on replacement:

If you can't see the image below, go to the original post here: https://www.growlerforum.com/forum/garage/four-wheel-steering/122-rear-steering?p=4102#post4102

Thank you for your help. I just ordered 2 cylinders.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks