• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

400 miles Riverside, California to St George, Utah

Just purchased a M923A2 on Saturday. After a couple months of looking I found "the one" in the Riverside California area. Me and my son flew out from Las Vegas with some basic tools, digital version of all manuals on my droid tablet, and coveralls, to Ontario, California. The seller met us at the Airport and transported us to the vehicle location. I spent about a hour and a half crawling around the vehicle with my son. Our inspection was good with no issues. I took it on a approx 30 min test drive including highway speed. The seller was true to his word, everything was exactly as described, he even tossed in a gallon of oil, antifreeze, lug wrench, hoist chain, ect, etc, and arranged a California Trip Permit.

IMG_20140726_143657656x600.jpg
The first fill up $$$ ouch

IMG_0081x600.jpg
Me and my Co-pilot son

Our First stop was about 400 yards down the road to get some fuel. It was also the first time a stranger came up to me and asked permission to take a picture of my new truck.. We also took a picture of him standing in front of the truck with his cell phone.. It was the first of many big thumbs up and curious onlookers each time we stopped for a break or burger.

We left the Riverside California area approx 2:30pm local and arrived St George, Utah at 1:30AM (10 hours with time change). Our cruising speed varied from 50 - 60 mph. I Didn't push it to hard as it was the first time either myself or son had drove one. We stopped every 2 hours and took a break and restocked on cold water for us (it had to be 110 degrees out the entire trip through Nevada).

No mechanical or over heat issues at all - The truck gods must of been happy

IMG_0086x600.jpg
Home safe and sound

Last edited:

61sleepercab

Welcome from West Virginia. Glad you had a good trip with the new toy. My M925A2 Sandy the tan 5 ton was rescued from the Indianapolis truck yard and we towed a generator set with us to West Virginia. One gallon of oil and $200.00 worth of fuel and she came home with no problems. Have fun . Mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks