• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

404 pivot mounts on frame and radio box ??

joeblack5

Hi folks, I am looking for some help.
Looking for pics how and where Mercedes located the the pivot point of the radio box.
I found this picture on the web..jpg

It looks like that the cross member rests on top of a normal bed support? Are these the battery cable I see on the right in the picture?
This box looks like it is missing the floor panels? The floor support seems to be bowed, at least not straight... Is the floor in the box curved?
Is this the front mount directly behind the cab?
Is there another one like this on the end of the frame?

Anybody a link to better pictures or willing to make pictures ?
Anybody has these parts laying around?

Many Thanks.

Johan
Any pictures of the hardpoint connection of the box to the frame?

joeblack5

With some post to post searches at benzworld i found some pictures post from "truktor" searched for him over here.
Either way, thank you.. funny enough the pivot in the previous post does not look exactly the same,, other truck or model?
unimog 404 box frame mounts truktor 176b_1.JPGUnimog 404 box mount drawing fuko_lagerung.jpgunimog 404 box frame  truktor 47_1.JPG

Ferretboy

Hey johan....your bed frame looks alot like mine....have to dig out some photos....the tube running down the center....you know what thats for? Stowage for the tow bar!!!! I will try and get a photo of mine.

Ferretboy

Oh sorry somone elses bed frame....i think the problem you will run into putting a school bus body on is the twisting of the frame....the cab has a three point connection...the bed frame also....they have to flex separately.....the hard connection beween the two i dont think will work....im not an engineer....but knowing how the unimog frame twists and the cab and bed three point mount is....i cant see a hard connection between them together.....

Ferretboy

Well sorry again...after running to the garage to inspect the old 404....i see it has a 4 point connection a pivot point at the front a pivot point at the rear and hard connections each side midway.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks