• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

41' 6x6

REO 54

A"new"deuce comes to the Islands.Original with singles.The rack and A frame were added as it was involved building new transmission lines after the war.It carried the crane components along the power line trail.The owner call his deuce"Hogans Heros"Enjoy.

Attachments

REO 54

Thats right.The owner is about the same vintage as the truck.He's also got a line on a "barn" find of a 40s' command car.I have do some septic work for him next week.I will find out more.

Capt.Marion

That's a WC63... just a WC52 with an extra axle. That has a new bed and custom enclosed cab. At least it looks decent and not horribly molested.

Pretty cool, I'd love to have one of those.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That's not a deuce..... a deuce is called a deuce since it is a two and a half ton truck (2 = deuce, etc.). WC63's are 1.5 ton.

REO 54

Thank you for clairifing that clinto.I just saw come on Island a couple of weeks ago and had to check it out.Thougt it would be worthy of posting up.I,m not sure about the pump.I find out later this week.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
.I just saw come on Island a couple of weeks ago and had to check it out.Thougt it would be worthy of posting up.

Oh for sure....I love Mopars and 6x6 Mopars are even better :D

REO 54

Sorry,no .I ment year.I should know better as a 25 yr carpenter,only to confuse other people who can read a tape.I think the hash mark should go in front of the number to denote an abbreviated year.

Thunder in NWOR

Cab is post WW2 "Arctic Cab" made for open cab 3/4 ton, and this 1 1/2 ton, Dodge WC's.
Four pieces; top, back, and two sides that inclue (narrow!) doors, easily installed or removed, with a few bolts.
Many were sold in the Pacific Northwest when the Dodges were dispersed from Govt.
I purchased two unrestored WC's with arctic cabs. Helped preserve cab metalwork.
(one was modified to fit on a half ton Dodge.)
Mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks