• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 Ton Locking Hubs - CTIS Ready!

dmetalmiki

That is quite a project you took on, and a great looking result. Post up more information of the work being carried out.
I am about to fit locking hubs (from my M45 530C) onto the deuce I just obtained. It generally not a good idea ON PERMANENT 6XS TRUCKS WITH SPRAGS, and i WILL ONLY BE USING THEM FOR TIGHT REVERSING MANEUVERS ETc. they WILL REMAIN LOCKED AT ALL OTHER TIMES. i AM JUST SICK OF LISTENING TO THE "bANGS" AND SHUDDERS WHEN MAKING SUCH MANEUVERS.
Sorry for caPITOLS kebOARD bUST. new ONE tOmORROW. Signing oFF

ScubaCat

So, I assume that like locking hubs in pickups, these will help prevent needless wear and tear on front end parts and net a bit of extra MPG?

czr7s1

Exactly the point of these hubs: easier steering, no wear on rotating components associated with the front wheel drive, slight increase in fuel mileage, and less noise when driving at higher speeds...still have 4 sets left if you are interested - see the classified section or message me

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Czr7s1. Do you have any locking hub sets left? I'm new here, how do I private message you? Thanks,
He has not been online in over a year. You may check with member "Profo" as he can make them.

Easiest way is to just get another set of drive flanges and despline them and swap them off and on as needed. $120 for 2 of those vs 2200 or more for these.

profo

He was the machinist that made them for me I had told him if he wanted to make them and sell them that was fine because that would mean I would have access to spare parts without setup fees, he is not making them any more cause it was too time consuming and you needed a five axis machine to do internal splines if someone would want to make some I have all the drawings from my original pattern, I even had the two special springs made that are inside the hub by a spring company a bunch of them!

marty

He has not been online in over a year. You may check with member "Profo" as he can make them.

Easiest way is to just get another set of drive flanges and despline them and swap them off and on as needed. $120 for 2 of those vs 2200 or more for these.

bluehorse

Profo, Do you think he has any of the hub sets left? Do you have an email or contact info for him? I just bought a M925A2 and I want to put lockers in it. I would prefer Air lockers but Detroits might be the only way.

Thanks,

profo

Profo, Do you think he has any of the hub sets left? Do you have an email or contact info for him? I just bought a M925A2 and I want to put lockers in it. I would prefer Air lockers but Detroits might be the only way.

Thanks,
All the last stuff is gone he sold the complete sets he had orders for, I have all the springs and some small items. When the oilfield crunch came there wasn't enough work to do the sideline stuff. Milling one hub took about 10 hours of machine run time! If you can find a honest person who would want to make them I give you the drawings with a catch I would like to have me a spare set in case I ever break mine! Would do it for a gentlemans hand shake!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks