• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

523rd Trans Inducted

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Yesterday was an honorable day for the 523rd Trans Co (Vietnam).
The unit was inducted into the Transportation Hall of Fame.

You can read the attached article which is the only one I've seen so far (copied from the Guntruck Site), for the qualifications etc. If I find any others I will post them (I hope others will as well).

One correction up front though...Sammy Seay's "Ace of Spades" Guntruck was/is not a 2 1/2 ton...she is a 5ton M54A2.

To make it personal for Steelsoldiers, the young man seated center in the picture was our very own "Uglyranger" who passed this Feb...RIP Brother. The "LT" was instrumental in getting this honor bestowed.
He would have been proud!

If you want to read more about the events leading up to this honor (over 40 years later) look in the Guntruck Forum and read Driver123's account of the Lam Son operation.

I salute you members of the 523rd Trans and those who have passed:

Attachments

Last edited:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A bump to the top in case anyone missed this piece of history last year like I did!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks