• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5kw ctmgsa generators GSA auction 1-4-17

Dwnorton1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it a fellow steel soldier that destroyed my hopes and dreams of being a
MEP-002a on a trailer at forestry sale today. At least for now. I looked unit over before a few weeks back. Looks really clean. we dueled to $1303 which is more than it is worth being an unknown, but I hope that it turns out to be a good runner for the champion of this battle. Cheers

Dwnorton1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is what I did win. 2 more 5kwctmgsa generators on trailer chassis. Some jackwad took the axle before they returned it to forest service. Would be fine except they cut shackle hanger with torch, which is a shame since these trailers are awesome. Hopefully with the 3 I now have I can put together 2 viable units. First picture is today's win. Second is a ctmgsa trailer that had its units pulled off and a Mep-018a mounted on it. I removed it and turned it in to firewood utility trailer until I can find a S-250 to mount on it. Last pic is single unit I won last month that started my learning curve on these units. Santa saved my butt by putting a TM on these in my stocking as the are a B item. Make a lot of sense, I can buy units, but can't get manual through regular channels.

IMG_1763.JPGIMG_1764.jpgIMG_1766.jpgIMG_1767.jpg

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
...Some jackwad took the axle before they returned it to forest service. Would be fine except they cut shackle hanger with torch, which is a shame since these trailers are awesome....
You can source new spring hangers very reasonable, just about anywhere. Of course you will have to find some jackwad to weld them on for you

Dwnorton1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
With 3point hitch on tractor it turns trailer effectively into a dump trailer. Best feature about these trailer is that they are 56" between fenders and 52" between rails. Perfect for a S-250 or S-788 shelter. That being said if you see one in auction in central US in next few months please take it easy on me. Chances are I am bidding on it. Lol.

Dwnorton1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will more than likely be the "jackwad" welding them back on. Already scheming on that with some major improvements over original design. I want the front hanger to be a triangle instead of current. As shown. Similar to what they did with the rear scissor stands. Two of the three have the stands. Two with pintle and surge brakes, one with bulldog 2" ball. One of these is going to end up as my Elk/mule deer base camp. The gen sets are just bonus. Hopefully with 3 I can make one good backup for house. I am told they are whisper quite. Hopefully will see soon. Duetz one cylinder.

Attachments

Firebrand

No worries, I'm not going to be bidding on any items in the central US as I live in northern New England. Like the trailer, but not enough to travel over 800 miles for one.

combat32

Is it a fellow steel soldier that destroyed my hopes and dreams of being a
MEP-002a on a trailer at forestry sale today. At least for now. I looked unit over before a few weeks back. Looks really clean. we dueled to $1303 which is more than it is worth being an unknown, but I hope that it turns out to be a good runner for the champion of this battle. Cheers
I was watching that one, crazy high for an unknown. Your trailers are safe from me anyway, i prefer m101's and m116' s

Dwnorton1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh I want some of those too:) I like all the utility stuff. Have a craving for a lmtv as well. Don't know why. Just do. Think I have been bitten. To be perfectly honest I just want one of each.

lindsey97

Wasn't me that bid on it.

Amazing what non-running junk goes for on GL and GSA. Murphy and I can weld and fix your trailer if needed.

There is an lmtv on okc craigslist in Ada, OK for $6500. Looks really nice.

Dwnorton1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey I appreciate the offer may end up making some modifications to pintle hitch on one of the trailers. So will need it.
Here is another use for it. Redneck trailer mounted gen set. Pales in comparison to one that I saw was being held hostage.

IMG_1829.jpgIMG_1830.jpg

Oh and don't tell me about an LMTV. I'd have to build a bigger barn and buy bigger tools!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks