• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5kwctmgsa Stewart and Stevenson gen set

Dwnorton1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought one of the trial gen sets from the late 80's. After I bought it realized that I couldn't get manual due to being a B. At any rate that peaked my curiousity so I took mine apart to see what made it tick. It is powered by on cylinder duetz diesel. 3600 rpm unit. It's generator is made by Advance Power(energy) inc. they make solar and wind components now. I cannot say how good a unit it actually is due to the fact the one I bought at auction has missing parts that I didn't notice until I got it home from auction. If anyone has any experience with these please let me know. I've got to wait for another auction to by another one so maybe I can get one actually running. I thought I would post this so if someone else is running in to a brick wall on these units as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks