• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 injector pump timing

sermis

I had a parts M1009. When I got it the IP was missing. It has been replaced with an IP from a 6.5. I pulled the motor and put it in my M725. Man it is noisy. How do you set the fine adjustment timing on the injector pump. It starts and runs good and does not smoke. Idol RPM seams high too but no RPM guage.

Wolf.Dose

On the housing of the timing gears there is a line in the housing towarde the injestion pump. On the injection pump housing there is also a mark facing to the timing gear housing. These two marks must be in line. You can see these marks from above the engine. No further adjustment required.
Explanation clear enough?
Wolf

jwaller

These two marks must be in line. You can see these marks from above the engine. No further adjustment required.
Explanation clear enough?
Wolf
while technically correct. this only really applies when everything is new. once the engine has wear on it the "correct" timing may be different. I know on my 6.2 I've advanced it to the drivers side a few tick marks. seems to start and run better with less smoke.

the real way to do it requires a box full of special tools.

m38inmaine

I took mine to a diesel shop to have the timing set when I replaced the IP. I was allowed in the shop so I could see what they did. They had a timing tool that hooked a lead to the #1 injector line, then to voltage, the meter showed the rpm and timing, then they moved the pump in the direction required. Pretty simple process, just need the timing tool.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks