• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 Vacuum Pump

AZDeuce

Gentlemen:

About 7-8 years aggo i installed a 6.2 Humvee engine in my M1009 Blazer, I had to swap everything except the heads and block, including the vacuum pump, it was easy to do outside of the vehicle.

This morning when I pulled my non-working pump out a long 6 sided steel shaft came out with it. I read in the installation paper for the new pump that the vacuum pump runs the oil pump.

So I'm ASSuming that this long shaft runs down to the oil pump. It didn't come out the first time, years ago, but it did this morning.

My question is HOW do I re-install the shaft, I have no tool long enough to put the shaft back in place, and then install the vacuum pump on top of it.

SO..........I need to attach the shaft to the vaccuum pump and install it all back as one unit. I don't want to use lock-tite, or a silicone/RTV compound as it might dry up and fall into the engine causing damage, later on down the road.

I'm thinking of putting a gob of synthetic wheel bearing grease into the vacuum pumps shaft opening, and on the shaft itself and hoping it will hold the shaft in place while I lower the pump/shaft into it's hole.

Do you think this will work, or do any of you have a better solution?

THANKS!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My suggestion would be to extract the entire shaft out of the bad vac pump and use it alone to install the oil pump drive.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks