• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.5 in my 1028A3

Skinny

Doh! Looks like you will be taking the trike to work. Don't drink and ride :)

I guess the light at the end of the tunnel is that two piece rear seals suck period but boy are they easier to change!

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Did you get this engine from CARNAC?

:doh: on the seal
No, it came out of a 97 C3500 I got from GL out of the tarrant truck center in DFW, I had the block gone through and the rotating assembly balanced, then I put it all back together minus one small detail. . .

Pulling the trans and t-case and installing the seal, there is no way I'm pulling the motor out!

The motor I got from CARNAC is going in my daughters 1009 after I fix this debacle. . .

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What was the cost for the machine work? I need to have a 2006 GEP 6.5L engine gone through. I just don't have the time to do it myself.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Rear main seal installed, amazing, the leak stopped. . . .

I am so happy with this motor, the balancing of the rotating assembly was money well spent, now for the turbo and 4L80E. . .

llong66

Warthog, the machine work on my rebuild was right about $900. This included remove/replacement of cam bearings, Hot clean/ shot blasting block, magniflux, 0.03 bore, honeing, final wash, balancing rotating assembly( new crank, new rods,pistons w flex plate and new balancer) He did a great job, piston/rod assemblies were all within 0.5gr. Runs like a sewing machine! If you would like the price on some of the individual work, feel free to PM me, sounds like you might do some on your own.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks