• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

68 m35a2 brake light issue

ToddJK

I'd start with this TM9-2320-209-20-2-1. Check it out and see if you find anything and then if not, come back and let us know and we'll go from there.

If you do find the issue and correct it, give us an update as well, this way others who have the same issue know right where to start and they have the TM for reference.

Last edited:

HDN

Are you sure the parking light switch isn't on? I discovered what it did the other day 💩

(I don't park my truck anywhere much and leave it running, or any of my daily drivers for that matter.)

On second thought, that might not control the brake light bulbs.

Jgrah777

Did you do anything before the lights got stuck? If so go back there.
Did they stay on when the switch was disconnected?
Are you certain it's the brake not parking lights?
Does the wiring look modified before you got the truck?
It's definitely the the brake lights. Because when I first turn everything on the running lights are on. And then when I step on the brakes they get brighter but they don't go back. I replaced the pressure switch but I'm thinking it has something to do with the master cylinder not releasing all the pressure.

ToddJK

It's definitely the the brake lights. Because when I first turn everything on the running lights are on. And then when I step on the brakes they get brighter but they don't go back. I replaced the pressure switch but I'm thinking it has something to do with the master cylinder not releasing all the pressure.
When this happens, any of your brakes seem stuck or will the truck still move freely? Does the brake pedal feel harder or depress less after it's been pressed and the lights are stuck on? Is there slop in the pedal afterwards?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could have been converted, I did mine. The reason for asking is to determine which side to look at. One can be a diaphragm/check valve in one spot, the other can be an issue in two different places.

Al Capone

Could have been converted, I did mine. The reason for asking is to determine which side to look at. One can be a diaphragm/check valve in one spot, the other can be an issue in two different places.
Hi I have a very old m51a1 dump . Brake light switch is on the hydraulic side and not working . I just went thru brakes . New master , all new brake lines and new wheel cylinders . No brake lights . What’s your suggestion? Convert to air side ? I see big mike had conversion kit .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks