• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6BT SAE#2 Flywheel Housing Part?

290smallcam

So ive been googling for the past 3 days looking for a flywheel housing for a 6BT in the SAE#2 size. seems all I can find are ones with the starter mount up high, which will hit the firewall. Does anyone know the part number for a #2 with the starter mount at the 3or6 o clock?? found part number# 3904172, but I don't know. What have any of you guys used? I know there might already be covered in here in some post, but there are 1,000 of posts and ive been at this for a while now. sorry :)

290smallcam

yep, that will work. now for the SAE#2 flywheel number, and the starter number. Found some that are 14 inch, but they all look different?? The starters are confusing too? 28 MT, 10 etc... All I know is the 14 inch flywheels I found say 173 teeth and 306 pilot bearing. I read other forums saying that you need the right starter when using an SAE#2 flywheel. Standard Dodge truck starters wont work. Thanks for any help and input anyone offers up :)

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
yep, that will work. now for the SAE#2 flywheel number, and the starter number. Found some that are 14 inch, but they all look different?? The starters are confusing too? 28 MT, 10 etc... All I know is the 14 inch flywheels I found say 173 teeth and 306 pilot bearing. I read other forums saying that you need the right starter when using an SAE#2 flywheel. Standard Dodge truck starters wont work. Thanks for any help and input anyone offers up :)
Find a flywheel. Find its civilian application. Then find your starter for that application. If you have any starter questions shoot @74M35A2. Thats his business.